Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Outstanding review of World War Z script

Dying

Undisclosed

Outstanding review of World War Z script

Moriarity at AICN reviews J Michael Strazinski's script for World War Z. I'm certain this might be in the wrong forum. I put it in Dead Discussion. Curious to see where it winds up.

Anyhow...the review is here. By way of preview "This isn’t just a good adaptation of a difficult book... it’s a genre-defining piece of work that could well see us all arguing about whether or not a zombie movie qualifies as “Best Picture” material."
    Geo the Giant Killer aka Geophyrd aka me
    http://geophyrd.livejournal.com/

Administrator

England
    Good stuff
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Sounds great. Hopefully they'll get a director that can do it justice.

I trust the writer. He wrote a few Real Ghostbusters episodes.

Australia
    Hmmmm... he obviously likes it but his review ends quite abruptly without really giving us an impression of what the screenplay has instore for us. Maybe he just assumes we've all read the book.
    "28 Days Later came out after we started (Dawn 04). Our zombies were running before we knew what their zombies were." - Zack Snyder, LIAR.

United States
    Dudes, is that script viewable anywhere online that you folks know about? If so, would someone be so good as to share a link with the rest of us.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

United States
    i'm too rushed to bother looking right now, but does anyone have an idea when we can expect this film?

if it's half as good as the book, it'll be AMAZING.

England
    Some guy on the imdb boards claims to have it. He seems credible enough so it might be worth a try. Let me know if you have any luck
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Undisclosed
    JMS, as he is known in comic book circles, is a good writter. In both comics and in battlestar galactica during his run (although that is through rep only, I have never watched it), but his current take on Thor is great.

Not sure what to think about him doing this screenplay or anything but he is capable. I really liked the book, I could see most of it being made into a movie but it would be tough to do right.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by bd2999 View Post
    in battlestar galactica during his run (although that is through rep only, I have never watched it),

bd - JMS did Babylon 5. battlestar galactica (the scifi version) is done by ronald moore. the original BSG was done by glen larson.

he is a great writer. if this script isn't dicked around with, this could be the dog's balls.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i really hope mark hamil plays the soldier like he did in the audio novel, the voice was absolutely spot on and i recon he could do a great job of it.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    i really hope mark hamil plays the soldier like he did in the audio novel, the voice was absolutely spot on and i recon he could do a great job of it.
    Does Hamill even act anymore? All I've seen him do lately with the exeption of his cameo in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back is voice over work.

(His work as The Joker in Batman: The Animated Series is freaking legendary)

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    My Dad met Mark at Knott's Berry Farm in the 80's, no bull! I'm a big fan, personally.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'm not saying that it will happen or even that I think it should happen, but if Max Brooks has any say with the film's production(probably not) do you think he would recommend Romero? And if so, do you think Romero would accept it?
    Last edited by bassman; 28-Mar-2008 at 01:24 PM.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    I'm not saying that it will happen or even that I think it should happen, but if Max Brooks has any say with the film's production(probably not) do you think he would recommend Romero? And if so, do you think Romero would accept it?
    Theres a homemade video floating around on youtube from one of the conventions with a panel of Brooks and Romero. Later on JMS turns up and it all looks very cosy indeed.

Here you go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGdJt...eature=related

I don't know why, but i wouldn't want Romero to do WWZ. A young and upcoming director with something to prove would be a better choice.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by kidgloves View Post
    Theres a homemade video floating around on youtube from one of the conventions with a panel of Brooks and Romero. Later on JMS turns up and it all looks very cosy indeed.

Here you go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGdJt...eature=related

I don't know why, but i wouldn't want Romero to do WWZ. A young and upcoming director with something to prove would be a better choice.
    As long as its not Zack Snyder I'm fine.