Thread: Announcing VHS-2: Long Play...

Super Moderator

UK

Announcing VHS-2: Long Play...

How do chaps...

http://deadshed.blogspot.com/2008/04...long-play.html

The first new DeadShed short of mine since I Am Zombie Man 2 (in the mean time I've been busy filming professionally on other projects, such as the recently completed Contempt of Conscience - a documentary that will soon start doing the festival rounds - which was produced by Glasgow-based Clarity Productions).

Aye, I think Capn might have mentioned fancying a sequel many moons ago, and it wasn't until he planted the initial notion in my brain that it ended up taking hold. I dashed off to scribble down a bunch of notes about what it could be, and eventually wrote a script a few months after that point, and then since writing it, it has been another few months in order to actually get Ben involved to be on camera (obviously he's busy seeking out work now that he's graduated, so it's always tougher to get my chaps roped in, but fairly so what with real life and early careers presenting themselves on a daily basis).

Anyway, just announcing it as today I shot all the stuff involving Ben himself, but you'll see what I'm on about in the blog post linked to above.

Oh, and to the ratio fans, it's going to be in 2.35:1.

capncnut
    Good stuff, man. VHS is my favourite film of yours and I think a sequel is long overdue. It'll be interesting to see where you take this now that the VHS format has officially died for real.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Good stuff, man. VHS is my favourite film of yours and I think a sequel is long overdue. It'll be interesting to see where you take this now that the VHS format has officially died for real.
    A more experimental/weird kinda way. It won't have the same structure as the first at all, and will be half the length, and not 4:3 but instead a rather spiffing 2.35:1 ... with Magic Bullet liberally used to make the existing sexiness of DVX100B imagery even sexier!

The previous VHS was shot on my previous camera as well, so the visual quality is much improved. Actually, when I think about it, it's not far off 2 years since I did the original VHS, blimey ... time does fly!

If seeing somebody bound by videotape with blood oozing about turns you on, you'll have something to jerk off to, otherwise something to just enjoy.

As I was saying before, I'm looking to be looser with the construction, not think about it too much, just take a core idea and really tell the tale through the voice over and just match that with the classic imagery (if I dare be that poncy) of the first film ... so if you liked all the VHS-horror-based imagery of the first, you'll enjoy this one.

I've also laced the voice over with a variety of nerd-gasm VHS jargon ... so aye I suppose you could say this is an experimental film in a way, very loose, shorter and tighter, weirder too.

I certainly look forward to cutting it together, as well as shooting the last couple of shots I have in mind - which again involves a videotape and fake blood.

When it's done, it'll be upped on YouTube and posted here straight away.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Ahhh VHS2 very cool. You need to do one where DVD gets ditched for HD-DVD and Blu-GAY.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    You need to do one where DVD gets ditched for HD-DVD and Blu-GAY.
    That would be a good idea, if DVD was actually being beaten by HD-DVD and Blu-GAY.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    That would be a good idea, if DVD was actually being beaten by HD-DVD and Blu-GAY.
    When that eventually happens, say in a decade or whatever lol, then I might just do that.

There was a nifty Red VS Blue short regarding old gadgets and media formats which was rather bloody funny...we actually reference it briefly in the rough-as-old-boots 2 minute 'random behind the scenes clips' video I'll be putting up onto YouTube tomorrow.

As for the film itself, I've started editing (even though there's still a bit more filming to do), so right now I'm doing all my very rough cutting - then that footage gets pimped into Vegas so I can crop it to 2.35:1 and slather the sexiness of Magic Bullet all over it, then that footage gets taken away to be edited into the actual film itself.

I hope to get it bashed out swiftly as I've got a professional project just starting up, which I'll be shooting & editing (a short campaign film), so I'll be looking to get VHS-2 done and dusted before the campaign film gets going more intensely.

Anyone wondering about IAZM3 ... it's still on the back burner waiting list, it's all about waiting for stars to align and such.

A few rough-as-old-boots 'behind the scenes' type clips and such, just a very rough, cobbled together bit of video to tide you over sorta until I get the actual film done...speaking of which, I must go and do some more editing for it now.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 28-Apr-2008 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost