• Land of the Dead

9 47.37%
  • Diary of the Dead

10 52.63%

Thread: Which Sucks More?

Just been bitten

Undisclosed

Which Sucks More?

Since both films have pissed of plenty, I was wondering: Which sucks more ... Land or Diary?

To me, it's Land. When I first saw Diary I thought it was by a landslide, but the gap has narrowed.

United States
    Diary gets my vote. Makes Land look great by comparison.

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    I can't argue with that at all. You are 100% right. With the exception of the black super smart grunting zombie the only problem I had with Land was how it ended. Is it me ordid GAR leave you feeling that all the zombies wanted was to co-exist with humans?

Dead

Undisclosed
    Diary is the ****tier of the two by a long shot in my book. God knows Land had its faults, but Diary was a stupid concept altogether. The icing on the cake for me would be the Texas chick being chased through the woods by a mummy? **** Diary!

United States
    Wow. This is a tough question for me.

There are things I really love about Land. But that stupid zombie walking under the river thing almost assures a vote against Land.

But Diary ... oh, poor Diary.... it was just bad in sooooo many ways.

I like Land more than Diary but I'm going to vote that Land sucked more and here is why - because Land is the movie that should've been our vision of hundreds of thousands of zombies outside a battered and weary final human outpost. The setup was there. The characters were there. But GAR turned it into a statement rather than a story. We'll probably never have another chance for GAR to tell such an epic tale and that makes me sad. He could tell a dozen more Diary-type stories, but I don't see anywhere to go past Land. Land shut the door on the future.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Land is genius compared to Diary. At least Land had atmosphere, decent scripting to a degree and some interesting elements, although Big Daddy was pathetic. At least it wasn't as contrived, and uneventful as Diary.

United States
    agree 100%
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    There should be a third option: This thread.

Just my opinion.

Super Moderator

United States
    Unnecessarily harsh wording, but since we're only talking about movies and not anything of real consequence, I'll say that I thought Land was a much better realized project with a more thoughtful narrative.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Unnecessarily harsh wording, but since we're only talking about movies and not anything of real consequence, I'll say that I thought Land was a much better realized project with a more thoughtful narrative.
    what he said.

England
    Tough call. I've only just watched Diary, and although it was ok, it could've been made by anybody with a camera and a bit of budget, nothing special, just another sub-standard GAR flick to go with Land...

If Zack Snieder had made either of those movies, the GAR lovers here would've ripped them apart and poured scorn and bile all over them.

I shall have to watch both films again before I vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    Land is the movie that should've been our vision of hundreds of thousands of zombies outside a battered and weary final human outpost. The setup was there. The characters were there. But GAR turned it into a statement rather than a story. We'll probably never have another chance for GAR to tell such an epic tale and that makes me sad. He could tell a dozen more Diary-type stories, but I don't see anywhere to go past Land. Land shut the door on the future.
    So true, apart from the bit about the characters...Cholo was the only one I could muster any interest in. The rest were bland.
    Last edited by Legion2213; 08-Jul-2008 at 11:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Oblivion gallops closer, favoring the spur, sparing the rein - I think we will be gone soon

United States
    I actually liked them both, however having to choose one and being apparently one of the few that liked diary (at least as far as the posters on this thread are concerned) I vote LAND. Stupid "smart" zombie thing (showing another zombie how to use the rifle, asking yet another to use his butcher knife to make a peephole) just killed it for me.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    I actually liked them both, however having to choose one and being apparently one of the few that liked diary (at least as far as the posters on this thread are concerned) I vote LAND. Stupid "smart" zombie thing (showing another zombie how to use the rifle, asking yet another to use his butcher knife to make a peephole) just killed it for me.
    I liked Diary. I liked Land too. I don't know if I 100% LOVED either or both. They were both perhaps a bit flawed, but I felt it was to lesser degrees & not unforgivably so. That's why I'm not voting.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Same here. I can easily watch Land every now and then... don't think I'll ever watch Diary again, though.

Undisclosed
    So far this seems like a quest to see which film is worse...not better. I think both films are watchable but disliked both. I think land got my vote because I found the plot faulty more than anything. Diary had a great premise but was just pulled off poorly.