Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gosh, you peole suck!

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Gotta love a bit of Bill Hicks!

Just wanted to suggest maybe the OP, upon starting a thread when he or she has barely made 15 posts, insulting the members and questioning their education, and also slaying the US for no apparent reason (baring in mind Romero is also from the US), should think about the word "tact" and "beliggerant" when coming to a board to "discuss" (for want of a better word) his or her thoughts on a movie. The title of the thread pretty much sums up the attitude of the person posting and tells me that no matter what responses are made, this thread is bound to spiral into a flaming troll-fest of bull**** that I don't think anyone on here can really be arsed with.

And please, don't take the bait about the US education system guys and girls...or it'll just get worse...
    Last edited by SymphonicX; 11-Jul-2008 at 03:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    And please, don't take the bait about the US education system guys and girls...or it'll just get worse...
    yeah, no need to get hyper on that account. what in the hell could someone from europe really know about the education system here that they haven't seen on tv and we all know how reliable that is...

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by scipio70 View Post
    what in the hell could someone from europe really know about the education system here that they haven't seen on tv and we all know how reliable that is...
    well some of us need Romero to tell us just how unreliable it is, using big words and pictures...

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    well some of us need Romero to tell us just how unreliable it is, using big words and pictures...
    and don't forget annoying, completely obvious, psuedo-philosophical voice overs to hammer the point home.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    If it didn't happen on Fox News it's like it didn't happen right?

Dead

Undisclosed

No, an unapologetic left-leaning network like CNN is the best source for the truth.

Canada
    my hair is talking to me.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    what we all be forgettin' is that thar changling pictographs on them thar' mag-eekul talky boxes is witchcraft!!!!!

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertors View Post
    I watched "Diary" last night and this is the best Zombie-Movie that was made since Romeroīs "Day of the Dead". In Diary, Romero gets back to his real Trademarks, as there are: Straight foreward action, Humour and social commentary. Man, guys: Are you all deaf, dumb and blind? Has americas school-system failed so radically? "Diary" is as smart as "Dawn" and "Day" were, only this time its not consumerism or militarism, but the naive believe, that blogs and other web 2.0-things are more trustworthy than the corporate media, which Romero comments on. And boy, does he do a good job! "Diary of the Dead" is so up to date, that it seems most of you beleivers in the net and in conspiracy theories donīt get it. Itīs nothing less than a modern masterpiece.

Arrogant Greetings from Europe

The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertors View Post
    I watched "Diary" last night and this is the best Zombie-Movie that was made since Romeroīs "Day of the Dead". In Diary, Romero gets back to his real Trademarks, as there are: Straight foreward action, Humour and social commentary. Man, guys: Are you all deaf, dumb and blind? Has americas school-system failed so radically? "Diary" is as smart as "Dawn" and "Day" were, only this time its not consumerism or militarism, but the naive believe, that blogs and other web 2.0-things are more trustworthy than the corporate media, which Romero comments on. And boy, does he do a good job! "Diary of the Dead" is so up to date, that it seems most of you beleivers in the net and in conspiracy theories donīt get it. Itīs nothing less than a modern masterpiece.

Arrogant Greetings from Europe
    I am in that small minority that liked Diary. But reading what you posted and the tone of your rhetoric, the jury is out as to whether I like you.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Undisclosed
    Too late, the troll has been fed!

Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    I am in that small minority that liked Diary. But reading what you posted and the tone of your rhetoric, the jury is out as to whether I like you.
    Do I ever agree with you, though perhaps the vocal minority responsible for all the ranting and raving have gotten exactly what they've been asking for?

However, I will keep this thread from ending badly! I just realized that DIARY is Romero's attempt at updating Gilligan's Island. Check it out:

Elliot = Gilligan
    Tony = The Skipper
    Debra = Ginger
    Gordo = Mr. Howell
    Tracey = Mrs. Howell
    Mary = Mary Ann
    The Professor = The Professor (this one's a dead giveaway)
    The Winnie = The Minnow

And instead of being stranded on the shore of an uncharted desert isle, they're stranded in the boonies of Pennsylvania... infinitely worse! The sheer brilliance of using a zombie film with underlying social subtext to camouflage the far less-obvious Gilligan's Island-esque commentary can not be denied, not even by said trolls.

Bingo, someone has finally quoted the line correctly!

Man, I was beginning to worry.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    However, I will keep this thread from ending badly! I just realized that DIARY is Romero's attempt at updating Gilligan's Island. Check it out:

Elliot = Gilligan
    Tony = The Skipper
    Debra = Ginger
    Gordo = Mr. Howell
    Tracey = Mrs. Howell
    Mary = Mary Ann
    The Professor = The Professor (this one's a dead giveaway)
    The Winnie = The Minnow

And instead of being stranded on the shore of an uncharted desert isle, they're stranded in the boonies of Pennsylvania... infinitely worse! The sheer brilliance of using a zombie film with underlying social subtext to camouflage the far less-obvious Gilligan's Island-esque commentary can not be denied, not even by said trolls.

Now that is funny.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    I wanted to say something to our european friend along the lines of he should be thankful to americans for bailing his people out from that whole World War II debacle. If we didn't do anything, the Nazis would have conquered europe and he'd be stuck posting on "Zombie Lake" forums since he wouldn't of had access to Romero's films!

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by sandrock74 View Post
    I wanted to say something to our european friend along the lines of he should be thankful to americans for bailing his people out from that whole World War II debacle. If we didn't do anything, the Nazis would have conquered europe and he'd be stuck posting on "Zombie Lake" forums since he wouldn't of had access to Romero's films!

Oh for ****'s sake. Nice one on making this thread descend into more jingoistic, flag waving bull****.

Grow up dude, resorting to that level of stupidity has knocked this thread down even further. I thought people on here were beyond this bull****.

Super Moderator

UK
    Oh for ****'s sake. Nice one on making this thread descend into more jingoistic, flag waving bull****.

Grow up dude, resorting to that level of stupidity has knocked this thread down even further. I thought people on here were beyond this bull****.
    Especially when such an argument can be countered ever-so-quickly by the fact that World War II started in 1939.

I say that not to extend some argument, but to point out how pointless such a comment is, especially in this thread.

I will ask that anyone getting a bit fussed up just chill out.

As for Diary - I liked it.

As yet though, there hasn't been a poll on the forum like Land got (and I will note that all Land polls revealed that on HPOTD the majority of people liked/loved it - it's just a fact - and no, we don't need another poll about Land.)