Thread: Soul Calibur 4

Undisclosed

Soul Calibur 4

Ive always found the soul calibur games to be a little clunky but this one is something else, clunky in some places but its to be expected when youre wielding a sword as tall as youre opponent. Anyway here is my review if anyone is intrested if not plenty of other threads

This game is epic and Im not a fan of fighting game but this is my one for this year. Im sure there is a story but with a game as beautiful as this the story fades into the background. This is truly next gen graphics and if youre a fan of anime or the like then you would love this since the characters feel like fleshed out anime with stereotypes popping up. The enviroments are truly epic and if you enjoy things that are often called epic or legendary then this is worth a look. Before I wrote this review I was battling on a floating barge as it slowely drifted through a grey and desolate little town in the mountains, the only sound being the clash of axe vs sword.

The game comes with the usual modes e.g Story,Arcade,Training but it also comes with a bonus mode of Tower of...something lost souls possibly essentially you have to battle youre way through the tower, it is just a fighting against an infinite amount of enimies since there is always a new level above you. The main use of this mode aswell as honing youre skills ( and you will need them ) is giving you more of ingame currency which you can use to buy characters and clothing. Clothing can be quite important in this game because it has a great feature, character creation.

Im sure you can work out why its called this and its very funny being able to give youre character unique clothing and voice, although it is a mod of a current character so a fresh skin you chose youre favourite and improve on them. You can have 20-30 diffrent made characters and of course you can take them on the online mode which is one of the key reasons I bought this game.

No lagging so far but the players on it are good and I think all fighting games should include this mode because if you love a game you learn the combos and you want to show youre skills and what better place than a fighting game? Its epic, its fun, its intresting and its surprisingly deep.

At first I thought the game was clunky and simple as I smashed my way through the story mode on hard without a thought but things get harder and as you improve the game gets better the characters varied and plentiful get stronger and faster. When I first picked it up it was simply a button smasher but as I play it more the game becomes and more intresting. There are alot of awards you can win in game aswell as clothing and armour. The character mod is fun and so far Ive seen Solid Snake, Raiden, Meryl and The jokers girlfriend Harley quinn online.

Since Im on the ps3 Ive got vader and he can do alot of damage and does play the part of vader very well, I cant criticise this representation but "The Apprentice" is a force to be reckoned with. The only character in game that manages to smash my head repeatdly into the floor so hard chunks started flying everywhere.

Im not a big fan of fighting games but I cant find any fault except for I want to win dagnamit.

Graphics- 9

Replayability-8

Presentation-8

Sound-9

Gameplay-8
    Why arent you laughing?

Undisclosed
    I played the 369 version yesterday. Yoda is fast and difficult to hit. I had fun using him. He can be cheap. Hey, is the Death Star stage in the PS3 version?

Undisclosed
    Yeah it is, amazingly epic with Vader vs the Apprentice on that stage. Just unlocked the apprentice and he is my vote for best character at least so far plus some of vaders force powers kick ass...Got most of the moves from the films too. Picking someone up with their power of youre mind and placing them back on their feet to fight again I think is one of the ultimate " Feck you " moves.
    Why arent you laughing?

United States
    This game looks great.I can't wait to get it.