Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'd buy this eletric car :)

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Oh absolutely... But I suspect digging up dinosaur juice from 3 miles under the sea aint easy/clean!!
    Indeed, but it might be cleaner than sourcing the parts to make a Prius, for example.

And judging by Top Gear's hatred of cheap, American plastics in their "luxury" cars, that stuff must come from Mars or something, because they have no idea where it comes from.

Not diggin', just sprung to mind...which leads me on to, if you have a vehicle with recycled bits, it has to be of a decent quality, you know. Not like that recycled bog roll which cuts you up.

Also, the VW Fox has a parcel shelf made out of old pineapples apparently...interesting. But such pick & mix, half-assed recycling is fairly pointless wouldn't you say? Either do it properly, or piss off.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    :

It does look good though, I wish more concepts would actually make it into the show rooms, I'm fed up with all these softly softly, roundy roundy, ever-so-generic looking cars wafting around looking so bloody boring.
    I agree. That one looks interesting.

If they really want to sell electric/non gas powered cars then they should start making them look like some of the cool concept cars that always turn up at car shows and then disappear afterwards. Then people would actually buy them. The electric cars today look horrible. I don't care if they get 1000 miles per gallon if they look like the generic crap out there today then I would never buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    You get 170 miles to a full tank of petrol? Dude....get rid of that car.
    It's a sports car though. Just the price you pay.

I get 360 miles to a full tank in my Corvette.
    (20 miles per gallon in city/27 highway).
    Last edited by C5NOTLD; 03-Aug-2008 at 10:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Super Moderator

UK

I mean look at that Prius - minging.

Such boring design, this is the sort of softy roundy lame design I'm on about.

And this (the previous Ford Focus):

YUCK!

And here's the Corsa that used to be around a shedload recently, and still is quite prevalent on the roads:

http://www.aljomaihauto.com/NR/rdonl...97/Corsa_4.jpg

It looks like a testcile on it's side with wheels.

This Vauxhall Astra used to be everywhere too, and it was rank:

Fortunately, SOME manufacturers are starting to spruce things up, the Astra is getting replaced and looks alright if memory serves from Top Gear. The new Focus looks a bit snazzier, although it's still an incredibly average car.

Ugh, I want a bit of grunt, a bit of growl, a bit of grrrrr in car design. I want some funk, some snazz, some wow ... not bloody soft wobbly marsmallow corners and lifeless interiors etc.

England
    Urrgh those cars are horrid,all modern affordable cars are pretty horrible though,they all have that ghey "modern art" type look to them,all bubbly & poncey looking
    I mean what the bloody hell is this??

or this..

and this absolute monstrosity

Have you noticed nearly all new cars on the road now are all in shades of grey?they all look extremely bland!

I stand by SEAT for fairly mean looking affordable modern cars,the Ibiza & the leon,especially the cupra models are very nice

Undisclosed
    Here's a new electric car that I would love to buy.
    They just need to get the price down from $100,000+
    Great design.

http://www.teslamotors.com/design/gallery-body.php

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by C5NOTLD View Post
    Here's a new electric car that I would love to buy.
    They just need to get the price down from $100,000+
    Great design.

http://www.teslamotors.com/design/gallery-body.php
    Basically a Lotus Elise with a powerful electric motor...

Yes, hopefully these enthusiast cars will pave the way to sensible ones...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan