Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How on earth is the father going to live with himself, and the 5yr old daughter?

Banned User

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    It's cheap because you're using your view that women are a weaker sex to undermime her safety and somehow strengthen the fact that you're a gun-lover. The chances of her being attacked are fairly slim and to use rape or abuse as a way to make her scared into owning or believing that guns are the right choice is ****ing WEAK dude.

Not bothering with your tired rhetoric anymore.

Go away.
    I am sorry that you feel that disarming females is better so that they're totally at the mercy to those around them. WHy are you so afraid of females arming themselves anyway? Physically women are weaker than men, its why they have things like women's self defense training here they teach women how to get away from.... men.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    This 'gun empowers you' argument is of course 'ideal scenario' stuff. In an ideal world, you pull your gun out on your assailant, and ride happily ever after off into the sunset. There's no issue that your gun is not easily to hand, or the fact the assailant is already armed and ready (they most likely have the advantage of surprise)...

While it undoubtably can and does happen, I suspect there are just as many cases when the scales don't work in favour of the innocent victim. I suspect in many cases an assailant will find his position is far improved with a gun in his possession... So while gun ownership can tip the scales in one direction, it's just as likely to tip it the other way as well.

So in conclusion - A women can try to run away from a man who does not have a gun... I'm yet to see a women who thinks she can outrun a bullet...
    Uhh Neil, criminals cant have guns in your neck of the woods, they're illegal remember? And when something is illegal its impossible for it to exist. And I just have to laugh at how weak you actually see women. You don't even think a woman is strong enough to pull out a pistol she trains with often and defend herself with it, of course you believe that she is just going to have it taken away right?
    Last edited by Khardis; 05-Sep-2008 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Khardis View Post
    Uhh Neil, criminals cant have guns in your neck of the woods, they're illegal remember? And when something is illegal its impossible for it to exist. And I just have to laugh at how weak you actually see women. You don't even think a woman is strong enough to pull out a pistol she trains with often and defend herself with it, of course you believe that she is just going to have it taken away right?
    You were the one suggesting guns help women - I was simply suggesting maybe it is not such a black and white matter. Yes, a women may have a gun, but just maybe, the assailant can have one to, which most likely makes the women's situation even worse?

Where have I suggested women are 'weak'? You're the one who painted a bleak picture for them? And I'm happy imaginary things make you laugh...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Khardis View Post
    I am sorry that you feel that disarming females is better so that they're totally at the mercy to those around them. WHy are you so afraid of females arming themselves anyway? Physically women are weaker than men, its why they have things like women's self defense training here they teach women how to get away from.... men.
    Oh give me a break. That's just plain spin and you know it. I'm not even going to dignify you with a response. You're the one claiming women are defenseless without weapons, not me.

Grow up dude. You're displaying the mentality of a 12 year old and everyone can see it.

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed
    All I can say Is that the father Is to blame.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by horrormad93 View Post
    Absolutely... It will be interesting to see what the law ha to say on the matter. Unfortunate accident? Or punishable crime?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Absolutely... It will be interesting to see what the law ha to say on the matter. Unfortunate accident? Or punishable crime?
    Severe neglect if you ask me...if the kid had fallen into a wood chipper, he'd be in jail, surely?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by horrormad93 View Post
    I agree.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    because he was dumb enough to leave a gun around children, he's probably also dumb enough to blame it on the one child for shooting the other and feel as if he's not responsible...

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    because he was dumb enough to leave a gun around children, he's probably also dumb enough to blame it on the one child for shooting the other and feel as if he's not responsible...
    Well what ever happens the father will have the guilt of killing his child forever.