Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: VP Choice Sarah Palin and The Blues Brothers

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    The spirit of the law is that no matter what religion you are it will not factor in to a bid for political office. If people don't want to vote for a Jew for intance it's their perogative. But it's at the point where you have to believe in Jesus to get elected and other legitimate religions such as Islam and Mormanism are out of the question. Sounds like a test to me.
    I disagree. You think in the late 18th century the American people intended the spirit of the Constitution to be giving Muslims an equal shot at public office? I doubt it. A legal test is prohibited, but I'm sure most people who ratified the Constitution expected that voters would generally tend to vote for candidates with values like themselves.
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria

Super Moderator

Germany
    Surprise, surprise. A thread filled with vitriolic nastiness by a number of members is closed. I suspect we'll see more of this in the next few months due to the election. I can't say that folks on either side of the aisle can claim any kind of moral superiority based on their behavior, at least in these forums anyway.