Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nagin Wins Re-Election as Big Easy Mayor

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcades057
    What's funny is that you're surprised. A black guy gets to a podium and makes a racist statement, like that ignorant "chocolate city" bull and he is guaranteed to get the black vote.

Then if a white guy were to do the same WE (whites) would go ape**** on him. F-ing ridiculous. They deserve what they got (an incompetent bigoted idiot) and we deserve what we'll get (becoming the minority in a decade or so and losing our national identity). Too bad I'll be around to see it.
    You know, Arc, I can't help but feel the exact same way. I've got a buddy of mine who lives in New Orleans, and he's seen some things, before and after the storm. When I asked him who he voted for, he told me Nagin. I was so dumbfounded that I couldn't even reply. Unbelievable.
    The whole city was a practical war zone for a week after Katrina, and one of the main people responsible for putting the city's residents through that ordeal got another term. Whatever befalls the city this fall, I doubt that I'll be shedding a tear for anyone there.

United States
    Don't worry, Rightwing, there will be bleeding hearts who will (again) blame Bush for whatever Nagin allows to happen. God forbid they blame a "brother" for their woes, oh no, that'd be racist.

I think most people of my particular persuasion feel this way but they lie and try to be Mr. Good Bleedingheart to everyone else. Only difference between us and them, Rightwing, is that we have the balls to speak the truth.
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

United States
    If I remember correctly, didn't you once state what a good thing Katrina was for the city?
    "if wishs were fishes we'd all cast nets" - Gurney Hallack

United States
    I agreed when someone else said it, Exa, but apparently we were wrong. I thought (as did the writer, I believe) that due to the displacement of all those welfare people and drug dealers/users and other "great folks," a sense of intelligence might return to the city and they just might vote in some good people.

Instead they voted back in the bigoted moron. They deserve anything that happens to them.
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

Undisclosed
    The only good thing I can see that came out of Katrina for New Orleans was that a lot of the really hard core gangsters were taken out by the police/military. The city is now relatively safer.

United States
    Nagin plans to rebuild the 9th ward area - which will be flooded once AGAIN next time a Category 4 or 5 hurricane hits New Orleans.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyebiter
    Nagin plans to rebuild the 9th ward area - which will be flooded once AGAIN next time a Category 4 or 5 hurricane hits New Orleans.

why does Monty Python spring to mind...

Nagin: "Everybody said I was crazy for building a castle in a swamp!"

"To further complicate, I will now state, that your convictions lack definition and form."