Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: First zombie movie ever watched.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by dracenstein View Post
    Zombie Flesh Eaters.
    Right here with you. Fantastic first zombie movie to see, It was probably my first (real) horror film as well. I think I might have been about 12? Either way, one of my first, and one of my favorites no doubt.

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed

First zombie movie ever watched

My first movie was Dawn Of The Dead - I snuck into the airing cupboard on the upstairs landing to see what my Christmas presents were (for the first and LAST time, I promise). One of the videos was Dawn, on VHS. Nice gift for a ten year old, I know!

The box itself scared the crap out of me. Turned out to be one of my fave films of all time. Have watched it so many times I couldn't give a number, and have since fallen in love with all of them (well, Diary..........).

My girlfriend was wonderful enough to buy me Night, Dawn, Day and the Dawn remake for my birthday.

Hi, by the way. First post EVER.

Andrew

United States
    The first was the original Night Of The Living Dead. Don't remember the exact year but it was probably 1972 or 1973 when I saw it. I was lucky enough to see the first midnight showing of Dawn Of The Dead in NYC in 1978 too . That is something I will never forget .

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunker65 View Post
    I was lucky enough to see the first midnight showing of Dawn Of The Dead in NYC in 1978 too . That is something I will never forget .
    Cool mate

United States
    The original night of the living dead, I saw it at a drive in with my parents. It was part of a double feature. I was supposed to watch the kid friendly first offering and go to sleep for the second.

I didn't, I pretended to be asleep while watching the entire movie from under my blanket. I had reoccurring nightmares well into my adult life.

United States
    The original Night of the Living Dead for me, as well, but not until about 1990.
    I grew up in the country, where we had 5 channels, and the little town's video store closest to us was housed in the "Mercantile" (which also had a laundromat, grocery store, post office, and hair salon). It didn't have a huge selection, and definately nothing very scary (I'm sure the owners, who were in their 50's made sure not to put out anything too controversial), so wasn't until '90 that I saw my first zombie flick. I loved it, plain and simple, and wanted more. All those previous years wasted.....but the wait was entirely worth it!

Undisclosed
    The first one I ever watched was the NOTLD remake. I enjoyed it but it didn't really make a huge impact on me. The movie that really grabbed me and made me love Zombie movies was Dawn '78. I watched it on VHS while house sitting for a guy (I was 17). I always enjoyed horror movies, but unitl then I didn't have a real love for Z movies. I think the scope of the movie is what really made an impact on me. NOTLD was confined to the farmhouse. You heard about a large "outbreak", but didn't really see it. However, in Dawn you got a sense of the scope of the problem and you also got to see the deterioration of society as well. I have been hooked on Zombie movies ever since.

United States
    The first one I watched was the original Night. My dad made me and my brothers watch it after coming home from trick-or-treating many years ago on Halloween. He was making all sorts of funny commentary during it so it was hard to take it seriously. I really didn't watch many more until I saw Day of the Dead a few years later.

Being Attacked

Undisclosed
    Dawn of the Dead.

I was a kid, at that particular time in life when things have a major impact on you. Saw Dawn and it blew my ****ing mind!!! It...did something to me. I haven't been the same ever since.

Undisclosed
    I think I watched Return of the Living Dead first on cable, then some short time after watched Night '68 and Day 2 hrs later on USA Network.

United States
    Night of the Living Dead (original) was the first zed film I saw. I was pretty young...when they are interviewing the doctor on television talking about a "cadaver at the lab attempting to move its trunk", i thought they were referring to a zombie elephant.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Fulcifan91 View Post
    Right here with you. Fantastic first zombie movie to see, It was probably my first (real) horror film as well. I think I might have been about 12? Either way, one of my first, and one of my favorites no doubt.
    The only true answer is Day of the Dead.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"