Thread: Important thought for the day...

Administrator

England

Important thought for the day...

Why are 'hot farts' smellier!

Most fart gas comes from swallowed air and consists largely of nitrogen and carbon dioxide, the oxygen having been absorbed by the time it reaches the anal opening. These gases are odorless, although they often pick up other (and more odiferous) components on the way through the bowel. They emerge from the anus in fairly large bubbles at body temperature. A person can often achieve a good sound with these voluminous farts, but they are commonly (but not always!) mundane with respect to odor, and don't feel particularly warm.

Another major source of fart gas is bacterial action. Bacterial fermentation and digestion processes produce heat as a byproduct as well as various pungent gases. The resulting bubbles of gas tend to be small, hot, and concentrated with stinky bacterial metabolic products. These emerge as the notorious, warm, SBD (Silent-But-Deadly), often in amounts too small to produce a good sound, but excelling in stench.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK

Ah man that made me laugh.

Stinkers can also be thunderers though, but yeah, loud ones are often not smelly - just entertaining.

Also - if you've got "one in the pipe", soon to be expelled, guaranteed your butt bubbles pong something chronic.

Also, the hottest of hot farts are tricksters - how many times have you ripped a seriously hot and sweaty fart and thought for a moment, like a Deer in the headlights, "did I just follow through?"

That's my daily fill of toilet humour.

Super Moderator

United States

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Stinkers can also be thunderers though, but yeah, loud ones are often not smelly - just entertaining.
    Just like mine. I can let a rip that scores 9.9 on the Richter scale and it will never stink. It's only the gassy ones which go 'pfffff' that I can clear a room with.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Just like mine. I can let a rip that scores 9.9 on the Richter scale and it will never stink. It's only the gassy ones which go 'pfffff' that I can clear a room with.

Or slowly fill a room with, replacing the air with ass-gas (or indeed arse-garse ), so that when someone leaves and comes back, or just enters for the first time it's like a wall of smell. *thud!*

Also - letting rip a really gutsy, loud fart whilst on the porcelain bowl is classic, makes me choke with laughter everytime.

United States
    My younger brother was notorious not only for nasty smelling farts, but for leaving a SBD one, and suddenly taking off and leaving you standing there, which, when the stink fully manifested itself, made it look as if you did it. Quite the embarrassing experience, being us girls, as a matter of etiquette, don't do such unfeminine things..... (okay, bean soup is not my friend, which my hubby can attest too, so I'll 'fess up to that!)
    How about when you go into public restrooms, and you're in doing your thing, and next to you you hear someone let one rip? I try to get the heck out of there as fast as possible, 'cuz you never know if it's just an air one, or if there's something wicked behind it.
    Ah, those bodily functions....

Super Moderator

UK
    lol! Ah mate, yeah I've been in a cubicle next door to someone dropping a LOUD set of kids off at the pool ... I got out of their very fast.

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    ass-gas (or indeed arse-garse )
    Okay, that made me laugh.
    La freak, c'est chic!

.:Twitter:.:Facebook:.:Blogspot:.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Chic Freak View Post
    Okay, that made me laugh.
    *happy dance*

I did chuckle when I first said "arse-garse" to myself, I must be honest.

But then again, all butt-trumpet related material has me cackling, so...