Thread: 28 Months Later

Undisclosed

28 Months Later

Just read this on AICN and thought I would post...

Word around the Stiges International Film Festival (HERE) says that Paul Andrew Willams (THE COTTAGE, LONDON TO BRIGHTON) will be directing 28 MONTHS LATER, the second sequel to 28 DAYS LATER.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/38652

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yeah the cottage scene is classic. Gee, an intense opening scene where there's chaos in a house that's basically the highlight of the movie, where'd they get that from?....cough...dawn...04' hack...wheeze..

Last edited by darth los; 08-Oct-2008 at 06:36 PM.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    there's about 1 degree of separation between me and this new director...

they should've chosen Chris Smith who did Severance...he's very taented...
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

United States
    You had to know it was coming. And I for one look forward to it.

United States
    Yeah, count me in for now.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    they should've chosen Chris Smith who did Severance...he's very taented...
    Ah, another Severance fan! Where were you when I attempted to get a discussion going about this flick?!

Anyway, I was huge on 28 Weeks Later. In fact, I liked it better than the original due to the fact that I felt 28 Days started out great but then just completely and continuously lost momentum from about the 20 minute mark until pretty much the very end. Whereas 28 Weeks was pretty much rolling from start to finish.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    You had to know it was coming. And I for one look forward to it.
    I knew they were going to make 28 months later,right after I saw 28 weeks later.The ending of 28 weeks was a dead give away they were going to make another sequel.
    Last edited by Bub666; 08-Oct-2008 at 11:55 PM.

United States
    I am surprised that it's not the same people and that they didn't secure the rights to 28 Months the very day that 28 Weeks was released.

My opinion of 28 Weeks is bipolar. I think it laid the groundwork to be the best infection movie of all time. I love the beginning and the buildup and the characters. I also think it blew it to such a degree as only a few movies could rival. From the point where the dad gets infected through the rest of the movie I'm just like "Oh, Please!!!!" It was just awful. Not one shred of decent film after that point.

Ironically, I think about the same way for 28 Days. The beginning was okay and the progression was fine. I thought it had pacing problems and a few minor annoyances in the Infected rules, but overall not bad. Then they come upon the military base that has gone bananas and it just implodes. Total crapola from that point through to the end.

My biggest fear with 28 Months is that it's going to be action start to finish. Thus it won't have the good buildup of the previous 2 movies. It'll go straight to the God-awful parts. But I'm hopeful...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    I am surprised that it's not the same people and that they didn't secure the rights to 28 Months the very day that 28 Weeks was released.

My opinion of 28 Weeks is bipolar. I think it laid the groundwork to be the best infection movie of all time. I love the beginning and the buildup and the characters. I also think it blew it to such a degree as only a few movies could rival. From the point where the dad gets infected through the rest of the movie I'm just like "Oh, Please!!!!" It was just awful. Not one shred of decent film after that point.

Ironically, I think about the same way for 28 Days. The beginning was okay and the progression was fine. I thought it had pacing problems and a few minor annoyances in the Infected rules, but overall not bad. Then they come upon the military base that has gone bananas and it just implodes. Total crapola from that point through to the end.

My biggest fear with 28 Months is that it's going to be action start to finish. Thus it won't have the good buildup of the previous 2 movies. It'll go straight to the God-awful parts. But I'm hopeful...
    Well they tried the same formula with the first two and for some reason ( other than the ones you stated) the quality of the films fell off a little while into it. Let's see what happens if they approach it from that angle.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"