Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mall Strategy

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    And that's exactly my point. Why would any group of looters be interested in THIS mall? There's nothing inside there they couldn't have gotten from a dozen other malls. Why risk meeting armed resistance for a little looting? The biker gang would know that the surrounding areas had not been looted. It stands to reason that the mall residents were low on supplies. There was little to gain.

Honestly, if you get down to brass tacks, the only thing worth taking out of that mall was Fran.
    The surrounding area probably was looted, by these very people. The mall is just the next thing in front of them; they aren't going to pass it by. They don't care that "some" of their people get shot. They know they can get in, and take whatever they want.

United States
    And that's exactly my point. Why would any group of looters be interested in THIS mall? There's nothing inside there they couldn't have gotten from a dozen other malls. Why risk meeting armed resistance for a little looting? The biker gang would know that the surrounding areas had not been looted. It stands to reason that the mall residents were low on supplies. There was little to gain.

Honestly, if you get down to brass tacks, the only thing worth taking out of that mall was Fran.
    I don't know about there being little to gain apart from Fran. In my view, guns and ammo were an important enough reason on it's own to raid the mall.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

United States
    The long and short of it is that the rednecks attacked the mall because they were rednecks. They were bullies who wanted to screw it up for whoever was living there. And they weren't that bright.

Do you really think they needed the guns and ammo from that particular mall Yojimbo? They had the whole world to loot. They were running around with machine guns and grenades in such supply that they could shoot into the air.

Lol - this conversation is making me mad at Dawn for them not being able to repel the bikers.

England
    Remember, when this film was made, Malls were a new thing and very few of them built. Now we have at least one in every large town.

So the raiders would raid it for the novelty factor alone!
    "and I looked and beheld, a zombie stamped with the number of the Beast"

Chasing Prey

Canada

kinda reminds me of what my uncle says "when the rubber meets the road"