Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Michigan LOSES at home to Toledo

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Bub666 View Post
    You might be right,But my team sucks anyways.They only win like three or four games every year.
    What team is that?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    What team is that?

Syracuse ,and they are horrible.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Toledo sure as hell didn't deserve to be in any National Title game - EVER. Just like all the other teams from trash conferences that go undefeated against cupcakes. Actually play a complete schedule, then try to get a National Championship.

Saying, "ooh, we beat ONE 8-4 team this year!" doesn't make you National Champion. Hell, most BCS conference teams down 5 or 6 of those teams each year. And ony TWO of them get to the National Title game.

And yes, they do need to cut down the bowls. Who the f*ck cares about seeing Poontang State against Crotchrot Tech in the Tossed Salad Bowl?! Nobody, that's who.

Only about 5 bowls each year generate any kind of interest. All the rest are just ignored, so why have them?

more games equal more money, a trained monkey can figure that out.

and once again, the toledo game last weekend is another point proven as to why schools with less money and limelight should be invited to bowl games. why not invite em if they can go to "big schools" and beat em in their own house?

and oklahoma isnt exactly saying anything about small schools after boise state gave em an asskicking.

and im assuming u like florida,right? its kinda the pot calling the kettle black here, your coach was the coach for a team thats in the same conference as toledo. and trust me, if u ask the coaches at missouri and alabama if there should be more mid major teams to go bowling,they'd say yes.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    and im assuming u like florida,right?
    I can't believe you'd insult me like that! I thought you were my friend!

I hate the Gators.

Miami Hurricanes are my team. Bub's team may have dismantled them 66-13 at one time, but UM got the best of that series on the whole.

And Boise State was a fluke. They needed a gimmick play to tie the score, and yet another to win in overtime. That's far from "an asskicking". That's "getting it by the skin of your teeth". Over a two-loss Oklahoma team, by the way.

The mid-majors have never beaten a top team from the BCS conferences. Utah's Fiesta Bowl win was over a horrible, 4-loss Pittsburgh team. Take a look at the mid-majors' records against BCS schools since 2000. They're something like 10-90. And that's usually against the Dukes and Indianas of the world, not the USCs and LSUs.

Syracuse ,and they are horrible.

What the hell is THAT?!
    Last edited by SRP76; 16-Oct-2008 at 12:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Chasing Prey

Canada

The mid-majors have never beaten a top team from the BCS conferences.

you have no idea what you just said. do i really have to remind you toledo went into the big house and beat michigan?

United States

What the hell is THAT?!
    It's suppose to be a orange.I know,it's stupid.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    It's suppose to be a orange.I know,it's stupid.

hey its a classic. seriously. just like the new york mets have "mr met"

Twitching

Undisclosed
    hey its a classic. seriously. just like the new york mets have "mr met"
    Nice facial expression on that mascot. Looks like he's ready to lead the fans in a rousing cheer of: "What? We lost AGAIN!?"
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post
    Nice facial expression on that mascot. Looks like he's ready to lead the fans in a rousing cheer of: "What? We lost AGAIN!?"
    Which would be right on target.

Sorry, I'm a yankee fan.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    you have no idea what you just said. do i really have to remind you toledo went into the big house and beat michigan?
    Oh, so 2-4 is a top team now? Why aren't they ranked ahead of Penn State, then?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Because Joe paterno is a college football god. Just like the way Notre Dame has been sucking for a couple of decades now but they still have a lucrative t.v. contract. Same principle. The dude's practically an institution.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Because Joe paterno is a college football god. Just like the way Notre Dame has been sucking for a couple of decades now but they still have a lucrative t.v. contract. Same principle. The dude's practically an institution.

Penn State would be ranked highly if Charles Manson was their coach. They're undefeated, and have annihilated every team they've faced.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    because joe paterno is a college football god. Just like the way notre dame has been sucking for a couple of decades now but they still have a lucrative t.v. Contract. Same principle. The dude's practically an institution.

exactly!!!