Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: just a thought

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    so lets say a zed outbreak happens, what goes on with famous people like wrestlers, singers and athletes? i know they're regular people too but i can just see david lee roth and ted nugent going gonzo with a shooting fest on them.
    I don't think you'd have to worry much about Ted Nugent. Hell, I think I'd like being near him in an outbreak. I was at a Damn Yankees concert years ago & I saw him nail a head shot with his bow on a moving target at least 30 yards away from him . Plus, he's a hunter who can live off the land as well as anyone, celebrity or not.

As to the general question, during an outbreak I think that everyone would be worrying about their own skin & that of their loved ones to care much about celebrities.

After, now that's something I can't speak to. I know I would be still worrying about my family & friends & celebrities would still be far from my mind.

United States
    During the outbreak they would I think be a mixed bag, they tend to have security, fenced property, and armed guards. They might be in a better situation to defend themselves.

That said I am sure that makes them a target as well, as the have nots or the profiteers try to take advantage of the situation to get ahead as it were. So some might fall on some really hard times.

Afterwords, you would likely see some return to some form of celebrity depending on the scope and duration of the outbreak. Hosting charity events like "live aid" and such. Even if the world went the way of "Land of the dead" tell me that some well known bands today wouldn't still be a draw in small venues to help people pass the time and try to deal with life in the zed world. Entertainment is a distraction from your boring normal life. Why wouldn't that continue?

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    Afterwords, you would likely see some return to some form of celebrity depending on the scope and duration of the outbreak. Hosting charity events like "live aid" and such. Even if the world went the way of "Land of the dead" tell me that some well known bands today wouldn't still be a draw in small venues to help people pass the time and try to deal with life in the zed world. Entertainment is a distraction from your boring normal life. Why wouldn't that continue?

totally agreed

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by sandrock74 View Post
    Who would give a rats ass about celebrities?!? Hell, I hardly care about them now as it is.
    *high five*

Undisclosed

just like no one cared about movies after 9/11?

just like no one cared about movies after 9/11?
    As sad and tragic as 9/11 was, and as much as is tightened our security, it didn't completely redefine the way we live. People still went to bed at night without wondering about nothing but whether they'd be alive in the morning or not. A Zed outbreak, however, would be completely catastrophic. There would be no where to run, no where to hide, and you would never really be safe. So you can't compare them. Americans didn't have to spend every waking hour of their lives fighting to survive after 9/11.

England
    In Max Brooks' World War Z there was that anecdote about the rich and famous high living it in a secure fortified mansion - and broadcast themselves live on the internet (or at least the homeowner does) and they get swamped by the ordinary citizen looking for a safe haven!
    "and I looked and beheld, a zombie stamped with the number of the Beast"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by sammylou View Post
    As sad and tragic as 9/11 was, and as much as is tightened our security, it didn't completely redefine the way we live. People still went to bed at night without wondering about nothing but whether they'd be alive in the morning or not. A Zed outbreak, however, would be completely catastrophic. There would be no where to run, no where to hide, and you would never really be safe. So you can't compare them. Americans didn't have to spend every waking hour of their lives fighting to survive after 9/11.

With 9/11 there was actually an "afterwards" but with the Living Dead, the recently dead will continue to rise forever, and therefore there will be no "afterwards"
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Norway
    The celeb like we have them today would die out. But the entertainer would live on. When you are a kick ass zombie hunter in to trade in an fortified town you might pass some women singing and dancing on the town square. You listen and give some then when you leave you think: Have I not seen them before back on television?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trencher View Post
    The celeb like we have them today would die out. But the entertainer would live on. When you are a kick ass zombie hunter in to trade in an fortified town you might pass some women singing and dancing on the town square. You listen and give some then when you leave you think: Have I not seen them before back on television?

Suddenly got reminded of that godawful Costner movie "The Postman" where there was an enclave headed by the formerly famous Tom Petty.
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Norway
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Suddenly got reminded of that godawful Costner movie "The Postman" where there was an enclave headed by the formerly famous Tom Petty.
    Did his fame play into his role?
    I liked the postman exept for the last fight which sucked.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trencher View Post
    Did his fame play into his role?
    I liked the postman exept for the last fight which sucked.
    They never really made a big deal of his fame, but I recall there was a line like:

Postman: Hey, aren't you-

Tom Petty: That was in a different life, man.

As far as the Postman goes, I think I would have liked that film better if it stayed truer to the novel, which was a really fun read. Having that drip Costner star in it also made me dislike the film even more, though to be fair it certainly wasn't THUNDERDOME.

Undisclosed
    I don't see anyone, even if they were so inclined, being able to care about celebrities. It's unlikely the people and things that feed the celebrity gossip demand would be up and running for long into a zombie epidemic. Besides, what would they report? "Rosie O'Donell shocker: I love my Glock pistol?", "What the celebs are wearing this fall in tactical gear?", "Homemade armor makes Jolie look fat?"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by sammylou View Post
    A zed outbreak would definitely be on a much greater scale. It would be like 9-11 everywhere at once.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"