Thread: who would go to this much troubel for a freebie?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

who would go to this much troubel for a freebie?

this is one of those hack a soda machine vids you see one youtube i stumbled upon looking for a game walkthrough and i gotta say hwo in there right mind would think they could get away with that?
    dont the more expesnive dispensers have cameras in em now?, nad dont know about in the u.s but in the uk machines are allwasy in heavily crowded areas so it would be so obvious you were being a tramp and scabbing a drink.
    plus the sheer time adn effort it takes, and your paying for a drink either way just seems like a collosal waste of time to me, anyone else think this guys got way to much time on his hands?

Canada
    Desperate or a cheap a**
    you decide.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    im gonna say cheapass.

capncnut
    I suppose it's okay if you have a drinks machine to yourself and no-one can see you.

Fresh Meat

United Kingdom
    Alot of UK vending machines aren't like that conveyor belt one in the video, instead we have "drop-down" ones... Pretty impossible to get any freebies out of them. Was cool to watch though.

-K

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    you can if you know how, i dont do it anymore but lets jsut say in my high school days i happened to have a lot of free choclate on my hands.

Super Moderator

UK
    Ah freebies from vending machines, I always got accidental ones whenever I'd occasional luck out, never did it deliberately though.

Geez, time on his hands, eh? "Pop" and "Soda" are retarded - it's "fizzy drink" youze nobz!

United States
    I didn't quite understand how he got the freebie coke but its been about 4 years since i've seen that style of coke machine and it was FIVE (yes that's $5) dollars for a single bottle of Coke product! I at first thought the machine was kidding. I mean come on five bucks? I can go to a gas station and buy three for five. But its like real estate... location location location... it was in a movie theater. So i'd prolly wanna steal a soda because that's a pure ripoff...

I have seen a lot of vending machines that were relatively unguarded... at my first university in the housing at night (it was a very mellow school with no one who stayed up past 12am I swear) you could walk about naked and no one would notice... I'm always on the lookout for surveillance videos and they had them but I never heard of a coke machine having them. How would they track you down with a picture?

I've never stolen from a vending machine before but I should... I was usually the person who's bevvy or food got stuck... and usually the one at the laundry room who's quarters go into the broken machine... the last being a total conspiracy because the leasing manager will write you a check for it at the end of the month for $1.50 and its not worth the hassle...
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

United States
    You know, it really doesnt seem like all that much trouble. When I was a teenager, we used to get free sodas all the time (with a different method with a different type of machine). We werent desperate or cheap, it was just fun to do something that most people didnt know how to do it.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I know how to hack into the computer of the old model of soda machines. It's really quite simple. What that kid is doing isn't a lot of work, either. Some of you are acting like he was standing there for an hour waiting for his free soda. If he weren't making a tutorial, I'm sure he could do it in no time flat.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJacksonCA View Post
    I didn't quite understand how he got the freebie coke but its been about 4 years since i've seen that style of coke machine and it was FIVE (yes that's $5) dollars for a single bottle of Coke product! I at first thought the machine was kidding. I mean come on five bucks? I can go to a gas station and buy three for five. But its like real estate... location location location... it was in a movie theater. So i'd prolly wanna steal a soda because that's a pure ripoff...

I have seen a lot of vending machines that were relatively unguarded... at my first university in the housing at night (it was a very mellow school with no one who stayed up past 12am I swear) you could walk about naked and no one would notice... I'm always on the lookout for surveillance videos and they had them but I never heard of a coke machine having them. How would they track you down with a picture?

I've never stolen from a vending machine before but I should... I was usually the person who's bevvy or food got stuck... and usually the one at the laundry room who's quarters go into the broken machine... the last being a total conspiracy because the leasing manager will write you a check for it at the end of the month for $1.50 and its not worth the hassle...
    geeeeeezus, 5 bucks!, thats nearly ten quid for a single coke?!?!, there only 89p in the vending machines here

capncnut

When it comes to these kind of drinks machines, I'm the master. I got 3 winning cans in a row once!

Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    geeeeeezus, 5 bucks!, thats nearly ten quid for a single coke?!?!, there only 89p in the vending machines here
    Erm Hells, $5 is about £2.50. Still fookin' expensive for a can of Coke.
    Last edited by capncnut; 19-Jul-2007 at 05:20 AM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    *slaps forehead* duh, wrong way round.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Satan, my dark lord and master, created soda machines and bottled water... he told me so himself...

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by blind2d View Post
    Satan, my dark lord and master, created soda machines and bottled water... he told me so himself...