Thread: Wicked Little Things

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed

Wicked Little Things

Remember a few years ago when a poster circulated on the web with the title "Zombies" and a spooky, swampy graveyard at night, with a single female zombie grasping a doll in the center? It was very cool, very gothic and best of all Tobe Hooper was supposed to direct. Not saying that he's a master, but he does know what he's doing and could probably have given us a nice little zombie film.

Well, I'm watching the results right now. "Wicked Little Things", and Tobe Hoopers no longer directing. So far, it really sucks. They walk around a spooky old ghosthouse without yet having presented a threat. Hello? If it's suspense you want to achieve, FIRST introduce or hint at a threat, THEN have your protagonists walk around a spooky house where this threat is. Otherwise, you're just documenting their discovery of an old house, neo-realism style. Boring.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I remember reading that Hooper was off the project, but never knew that it continued under new direction and a changed title.

How did you come across this ned?

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    In Europe, it's called "Zombies - Wicked Little Things", so when I saw it in the store, the connection was easier to make.

However, it's not worth buying, or even renting. There's no charm in it, and it's just dull. The modern american horror film has de-evolved into something overly reliant on melodramatism. Every feeling expressed is overt in every single way (acting, camera angle, music), and brings down any sense of realism, dread or fun.

United States
    Is this one of the "Eight Films to Die For" from a couple of years ago? The one about the kids from the collapsed mine? If so. .yeah. . it was . . ok . . i guess, but it hardly qualifies as a zombie film as we define the genre. Meh
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Yepp, that's the one.

United States
    I've seen Wicked Little Things,and it was horrible.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Yeah. All that potential just flushed down the drain. Why? What were they thinking?

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Zombie movies made for zombies... I love it!
    Seriously though, this is definitely a big let-down for me.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Remember a few years ago when a poster circulated on the web with the title "Zombies" and a spooky, swampy graveyard at night, with a single female zombie grasping a doll in the center? It was very cool, very gothic and best of all Tobe Hooper was supposed to direct. Not saying that he's a master, but he does know what he's doing and could probably have given us a nice little zombie film.
    Yes, that sounds very familiar, but I haven't seen it yet. Good to know that it probably turned out badly

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany