Thread: Official large synopsis spoilers!

Just been bitten

Undisclosed

Official large synopsis spoilers!

From the promo art senn this morning:

SPOILERS!!!

On a small island of northamerican coast the dead rise to menace the living.
    Yet..
    ... the islanders canīt bring themselves to exterminate their beloved ones despite the growing danger from those they once held dear.
    A rebel among them hunts down all the zombies he can find,only to be banished from the island for assassinating his neightbors and friends.
    On the mainland,bent on revenge.He encounters a small band of survivors in search of an oasis on wich to build a new life.Barely surviving an attack of ravenous flesh eaters...
    ...They commandeer a zombie infested ferry and sail to the island.There to their horror,they discover that the locals have chained the dead inside their homes,pretending to live "normal" lives with bloody consecuences...
    what ensues is a desesperate struggle for survival and the answer of a question never posed in Romeroīs dead films can the livivng ever live in peace with the dead?

Being Attacked

England
    I actually really like the sound of this, lets hope GAR can pull off a movie in similar vain tothe trilogy

United States
    It is interesting, he has touched on the theme already in his films. The living unable to let go of the dead. Which is something we have a hard time doing often enough when they do not stand up and walk around "seemingly" alive. So while not a ground breaking idea for him, it appears what we have seen as a minor subplot/theme/scene in his films will now take center stage.

The description calls to mind a number of visuals all of them quite exciting as a rapid fan of Mr. Romero and I hope the filming lives up to expectations, I am confident he will deliver to us the fans something superior to Diary at the very least as this seems more "in line" with his past offerings.

Thank you for the information it made my morning.

Super Moderator

United States
    Will take a delicate hand to pull it off.

Does the old man still have what it takes?

Tune in for the next installment True Believers!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Undisclosed
    Sound good...but I thought the premiss of Land and Diary sounded good. I think we will have to wait and see if GAR is able to pull this off.

It is sad to think that I feel it would be better suited for another directors hands. I fear GAR has fallen in the same vain as Lucas.

Being Attacked

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy911sc View Post
    Sound good...but I thought the premiss of Land and Diary sounded good. I think we will have to wait and see if GAR is able to pull this off.

It is sad to think that I feel it would be better suited for another directors hands. I fear GAR has fallen in the same vain as Lucas.
    Yeah am slightly worried when reading a quote somewhere of GAR's saying there's allot of action, in my experience this can overwhelm a story somewhat

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Will take a delicate hand to pull it off.

Does the old man still have what it takes?

Tune in for the next installment True Believers!
    Thank you Stan Lee!

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    Thank you Stan Lee!
    Excelsior!

(Glad you got the reference )

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Excelsior!

Wow.. I had not thought of Excelsior in a long long time. Thanks for making me smile on this dreary Thursday.

Between the ...of the Dead images and blurbs, and the Stan Lee references I am good to go.

United States
    Excelsior!

I got that too! Good ol' Stan "The Man" Lee! Now that's a name to be used in a zombie movie...

United States
    Ye of little faith...
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by sirjacktorrance View Post
    SPOILERS!!!

On a small island of northamerican coast the dead rise to menace the living.
    Yet..
    ... the islanders canīt bring themselves to exterminate their beloved ones despite the growing danger from those they once held dear.
    A rebel among them hunts down all the zombies he can find,only to be banished from the island for assassinating his neightbors and friends.
    On the mainland,bent on revenge.He encounters a small band of survivors in search of an oasis on wich to build a new life.Barely surviving an attack of ravenous flesh eaters...
    ...They commandeer a zombie infested ferry and sail to the island.There to their horror,they discover that the locals have chained the dead inside their homes,pretending to live "normal" lives with bloody consecuences...
    what ensues is a desesperate struggle for survival and the answer of a question never posed in Romeroīs dead films can the livivng ever live in peace with the dead?
    This sounds like it's going to be awesome.I can't wait to see this movie.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Ditto, Bubs. And of course I'm going to love it, it reminds me of Shaun otD (remember? last scene with Ed in the shed? yeah, funny.)

capncnut
    One thing I would like to see return is a decent atmospheric musical score, perhaps by John Harrison, as his tropical compositions (or decompositions ) worked very well with Day Of The Dead. Not only would it be cool as hell but a similar sound would also go with the theme GAR is currently directing.

Plus those guys are still pretty tight, I understand.
    Last edited by capncnut; 07-Nov-2008 at 04:11 PM.