Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zombie Last Supper

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by strayrider View Post
    My interpretation of the work is that the artist is implying that Believers (in this case being represented by the Disciples) are "dead", both in their beliefs and their lives, perhaps, and in their "deadness" they are consuming all that is good and pure (being represented by the screaming Christ).
    While I got that much, I doubt it was the artist's intention for any meaning much deeper than "paintin' some wicked sh*t" so in that regard, I don't get it.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trencher View Post
    Well if you are going to pick on someone its probably very safe to pick on Christians.

Safer to pick on the buddhists than Christians.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Undisclosed
    lol omg i love that pic its hilarious!! yes i am christian but seriously people take things to heart too much! Its just a picture some one has done, i dont think it was supposed to be offensive or make controvery, its just a funny thing, take a joke!!! i Loved it XD
    Not even a fire truck can stop drop dead fred"-my email lovegrems@hotmail.com:dead

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Not on this forum, im a buddhist

Canada
    everything is entitled to be parodied in some way shape or form....Do I personally take offense? No. However, I can see allot of folks being offended at this picture, and I really cannot blame them, as it is taking the figurehead of the christian religion and having eaten by the zombie apostles.

The original is an iconic work of art however, and is extremely well known...it is just begging to be parodied.

Still a neat picture at any rate, if a tad sacrilegious. but as stray said, it won't really change the way i look at the faith, as it is simply a man made picture.

But I guess that's why we are given the choice to look at it, or ignore it.

*edit*

And Andy is a mean bastard, best not to trifle with him.

United States

yup

the image is really nicely done, and it also has that potential to really mess with some people of the square persuasion. Nuckin Futs!!!
    DWebb

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Come on, what cool martial arts have Christians come up with? Would you rather start something in a Catholic monastery or a Shaolin temple?
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post
    Come on, what cool martial arts have Christians come up with? Would you rather start something in a Catholic monastery or a Shaolin temple?
    Ever hear of the conquistadores..?

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Ever hear of the conquistadores..?
    Yep. I was kidding, hence the wink. Christianity's history does have its bloody pages, like that of every other major religion. And irreligion, too.
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria

United States
    Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Wow, as an open-minded non-believer, I think that's a bit of an...inconsiderate...piece of art, but I'm sure the people, whose religion is Contrarianism, will love it.

Well I have to agree with you, some people will go balistic, I am a believer but not a fanatic, if you know what I mean? and pride myself in letting everybody have thier own believes as long as they dont impose them on me, but a lot of people would indeed get offended by this pictue, I just say hey "Whatever floats your boat" If you know what I mean?

Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Haha, I saw the pic and instantly made it my desktop backround. Thanks alot, I love it!
    Hey buddie, Where did you see and where can I get it, help a girl out
    Last edited by lullubelle; 24-Nov-2008 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

United States
    there's a story in "book of the dead 2: still dead" about a guy (who may or may not be, it never tells) named jesus locked in a mental home during the rising of the dead, an event that his "Father" predicted. the ending of that story goes really well with this picture.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Not on this forum, im a buddhist

You're not alone Andy!

Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!
    Good reference, Thorn. Litterally LOL'd and heard that musical sting in my mind when I read that.

Quote Originally Posted by Publius View Post
    Touche, Publius-san!
    Last edited by Yojimbo; 25-Nov-2008 at 12:27 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."