Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Read any good books lately?

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnGirl27 View Post
    Very interesting, and unlike anything I've read on it before. It goes in-depth into Jones' childhood, and has snippets from childhood friends about what he was like (very cold and manipulating), and follows his life through the end. It shows the lengths he went to with manipulating people, and the downward spiral of his psyche in Guyana. A lot of "new" material and worth the read (it's very comprehensive) if you like that sort of thing.
    I do Will definitely be looking that one up. Thanks for the recommendation.
    La freak, c'est chic!

.:Twitter:.:Facebook:.:Blogspot:.

United States
    anyone who wants to read anything about the current iraq conflict from the perspective of u.s. troops should check out "generation kill" by evan wright or "one bullet away" by nathan fick.

almost finished with king's "just after sunset", which is brilliant so far. the story "harvey's dream" was almost predictable, but nonetheless had me in goosebumps after i finished reading it. stephen king, hands down, has perfected the art of writing short stories. other good collections include "different seasons", "everything's eventual", "skeleton crew", "the bachman books", and "night shift"

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos View Post
    stephen king, hands down, has perfected the art of writing short stories. other good collections include "different seasons", "everything's eventual", "skeleton crew", "the bachman books", and "night shift"
    I second Skeleton Crew- 'Survivor Type' is one of my favourite short stories EVER
    La freak, c'est chic!

.:Twitter:.:Facebook:.:Blogspot:.

United States
    Recently re-read World According to Garp and Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?, both favorites from my youth, and they still hold up!

Has anyone else out there read Hagakure? Trippy read!
    Last edited by Yojimbo; 09-Dec-2008 at 06:46 PM.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."