Thread: Ultimate Dawn Video

United States

Ultimate Dawn Video

Ever wanted to watch Dawn of the Dead, but just didnt have the time? I have, so I thought it would be a good idea to condense the entire movie down to less than 5 minutes, for a quick viewing. I added in some cool music as well. This song almost seems to have been made specifically for this purpose.

FOR BEST VIEWING: When you click on the pic and are directed to the next page, the video may start to play by itself (more than likely it will). I suggest hitting pause right away, then hitting the "full size" button, which will bring up a window that you can watch full size. Then all you need to do is turn up your speakers, and enjoy!

I would like to know what people think of this video.

Super Moderator

United States
    This might just be your magnum opus, Philly! Though some may object to the musical choice, I'll say that I liked the way it all fit together.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Awesome job, once again! Yeah sure, the musical choice kind of reminded me of the Dawn 04 end title sequence, but it really did fit, and some of those cues worked out perfectly.

You are getting more sophisticated and masterful with each sucessive video, philly!
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

United States
    I liked it! Good job Philly!

I liked your homage to Yawn 04 by the inclusion of this song. We all know how far superior a film it is and......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....I can't.....I can't even type it out. HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Seriously thou, cool video Philly.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Truck driving? Other then that, great vid, yeh? Excellent cues, though not my favorite song. Guess it works for the length, tho.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    This might just be your magnum opus, Philly! Though some may object to the musical choice, I'll say that I liked the way it all fit together.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Awesome job, once again! Yeah sure, the musical choice kind of reminded me of the Dawn 04 end title sequence, but it really did fit, and some of those cues worked out perfectly.

You are getting more sophisticated and masterful with each sucessive video, philly!
    Quote Originally Posted by sandrock74 View Post
    I liked it! Good job Philly!

I liked your homage to Yawn 04 by the inclusion of this song. We all know how far superior a film it is and......HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....I can't.....I can't even type it out. HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Seriously thou, cool video Philly.
    Well, I look at it like this. It has been over 30 years since Dawn came out, and we are still talking about it. In only a few more years (or already?) the only reason anyone will talk about Dawn 04 is in reference to it being a "remake" of the original. Personally, I think it is a good movie, but not a great one, and it will get lost in the sea of "good" movies that always come out. So I doubt as time goes by anyone will even remember that the song was even in Dawn04. Plus, I could see in my mind how it would fit perfectly for what I wanted to do.

And maybe, some young kid will be searching for something about the *awesome* Dawn04 movie, see my vid, and say "hey whats this? This isnt Dawn of the Dead" (oh the humanity!) and seeing footage from the real Dawn night encourage him to watch something he otherwise might not. If I can save even one person from thinking of Dawn04 as DAWN, then it will all be worth it!

Plus, I think the song is kick ass!

Quote Originally Posted by blind2d View Post
    Truck driving? Other then that, great vid, yeh? Excellent cues, though not my favorite song. Guess it works for the length, tho.
    Yeah, cutting a 2 hour+ movie down to 5 minutes means leaving a lot of stuff out. Personally I like every scene, so I would want to include them all, but if I did that, then one could just watch the movie!
    Last edited by Philly_SWAT; 12-Jan-2009 at 01:39 PM.

Just been bitten archivesofthede's Avatar

Undisclosed
    Great video bro. Seeing it in highlights like that was really cool.
    ARCHIVES OF THE DEAD - RIP

Undisclosed
    Cool video. Great song too.
    Speaking of music from the remake I liked The Johny Cash song they used during the opening credits.
    Not a big country music fan.But theres some country songs I like.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by deadkrank View Post
    Cool video. Great song too.
    Speaking of music from the remake I liked The Johny Cash song they used during the opening credits.
    Not a big country music fan.But theres some country songs I like.
    I love the 'The Man Come's Around'. A lot of great stuff off that album, too. The montage of 'the fall' in Dawn 04 was done very wel, but that music was key in making the whole thing work. The song really gets me in a fire and brimstone, end of the world melodramatic sort of mood whenever I hear it.

Good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by The Man In Black
    And I heard, as it were, the noise of thunder: One of the four beasts saying: "Come and see." And I saw. And behold, a white horse.
    There's a man goin' 'round takin' names. An' he decides who to free and who to blame. Everybody won't be treated all the same. There'll be a golden ladder reaching down. When the man comes around.

The hairs on your arm will stand up. At the terror in each sip and in each sup. For you partake of that last offered cup, Or disappear into the potter's ground. When the man comes around.

Hear the trumpets, hear the pipers. One hundred million angels singin'. Multitudes are marching to the big kettle drum. Voices callin', voices cryin'. Some are born an' some are dyin'. It's Alpha's and Omega's Kingdom come.

And the whirlwind is in the thorn tree. The virgins are all trimming their wicks. The whirlwind is in the thorn tree. It's hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

Till Armageddon, no Shalam, no Shalom. Then the father hen will call his chickens home. The wise men will bow down before the throne. And at his feet they'll cast their golden crown. When the man comes around.

Whoever is unjust, let him be unjust still. Whoever is righteous, let him be righteous still. Whoever is filthy, let him be filthy still. Listen to the words long written down, When the man comes around.

Hear the trumpets, hear the pipers. One hundred million angels singin'. Multitudes are marchin' to the big kettle drum. Voices callin', voices cryin'. Some are born an' some are dyin'. It's Alpha's and Omega's Kingdom come.

And the whirlwind is in the thorn tree. The virgins are all trimming their wicks. The whirlwind is in the thorn tree. It's hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

In measured hundredweight and penny pound. When the man comes around.

And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, And I looked and behold: a pale horse. And his name, that sat on him, was Death. And Hell followed with him.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    I love Cash so I am partial to most all of his work.

As the the movie though, the thing is with condensing the film into a shorter format (and I do agree with you Philly some of it has to be left on the cutting room floor) what you do have to do is look at all the story highs and lows and try to hit on all the high points.

So by way of constructive criticism...

If it was a line graph from left to right that measured "key moments", you plot out those things on a graph and pull in what are "key plot points" "events" or just plain "awesomeness" and leave the rest out. Then condense from there.

I humbly submit my own graph painstakingly assembled over hours of diligent study..

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Great video. Horrible fucking song...

Undisclosed
    I thought it was GREEEEAAAT, and yes that is a Tony the Tiger Great!!

I like the music as well, in fact my 6 year old came running into the room to dig on the tunez!

Canada
    I enjoyed the video, it was good,
    also peeked at the other videos you have,
    which I have never seen before, I gotta say corny
    as I may be I enjoyed the "Thank you for being a friend" vid
    They're all well done Phily