Thread: Resident Evil: Degeneration

Administrator

England

Resident Evil: Degeneration

So i got bought this DVD for my birthday yesterday but i only got around to watching it this morning, and it is very good.. anyone sitting on the fence whether to get this or not, i advise you to.

It fits in with the games, the story works, the characters are beleivable.. in short its head and shoulders above any of andersons shit.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    It fits in with the games, the story works, the characters are beleivable.. in short its head and shoulders above any of andersons shit.
    Pfft...but are the protagonists virtual footwear the proper brand? Is it really canonical? Till we get third party verification on the matter, I'm afraid your review is suspect.

Get Hellsing on the line! We all know how he feels about strict adherence to RE cannon. He'll catch whether the protagonist is depicted as using the proper brand of toilet paper to wipe his arse

Joking aside, it sounds good, Andy, but does it have enough zombies to make us all happy?

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Administrator

England
    Probally my only complaint, its a little light on the zombies.

in fact after the initial airport scenes, you only see Z's once more in the whole movie

Undisclosed
    Damn. Im quite intrested in this film because have been a fan of RE since I stumbled upon RE1 for a pound back in the good old days. Think it was that which led to me becoming a deadhead so a full film? Sounds like fun only thing pushing me off is the lack of Z`s..oh and Leon. He should be dead by now. Wheres Barry when you need him?
    Why arent you laughing?

Just been bitten archivesofthede's Avatar

Undisclosed
    I remember the first game on Playstation. I remember it was dark out, I had a tall glass of Pepsi and a pizza on the coffee table. I remember going into the mansion and thinking, wow. Then when that first zombie turned and stared at me I was like holy shit. Then a few hours later I turned it off after birds and dogs began attacking me. Never played the game since. I did watch the first movie and half of the second. It's not my cup of tea, but whatever pushes the zombie genre out there gets an A+ even if I don't like the style.
    ARCHIVES OF THE DEAD - RIP

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    got it on blu-ray yesterday and yes ace its completely canonical (fuck you american spelling mac that IS too a word) , in fact it might just make resi 5's plot incomprehensible if you haven't watched this to the very end.

-oh and as i said in my review in the games thread its worth it, even if your not a fan.

United States
    Yeah, I quite liked it. It was pretty tight. Some of the voice acting was annoying, but only in that kung-fu movie sort of way. It did need more zombies too. But altogether good. 8/10
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

ViP

United States
    I tried my hardest, but I didn't like this one at all. I think the story is weak, the scenarios are forced, the voice acting is bad, and the enemies are few. I'm pretty set on selling off the Blu-Ray, it is nothing that I'd care to look at again.

Here, let me show you all the secrets of my evil corporation. After all, we just met. Oh, hang on one sec, I need to check the server room and while I'm there, I'll call back and tell you there is a bomb in the building and that you need to get out. (Lame)

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    Yeah, I quite liked it. It was pretty tight. Some of the voice acting was annoying, but only in that kung-fu movie sort of way. It did need more zombies too. But altogether good. 8/10
    Agreed, besides the airport there wern't as many zombie as i would have liked. I like how they sticked to the story line of the game, and it worked too. (hint hint) Anderson.
    "Are you asking me if I think you're pretty or if I'll f*** you? Cause you don't have to be pretty for me to f*** you"