Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would you ?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Well, unless you run into some very fortuitous circumstances then you will have a great time with all your new friends (the other people looting the location). Good luck getting them to cooperate with you. Not saying that it couldn't happen, but...I doubt it would work out very prettily.
    Why wouldn't it work? People aren't going to be "looting" a Home Depot. During a zombie outbreak, you don't go, "outta my way, I'm grabbin' a tablesaw and runnin' out with it strapped to my back!"

Anyone running into a place like that will be doing it for the purpose of staying there, not trying to go back out and run a ghoul gaunlet while carrying a sheet of drywall. Which means, they will be doing the exact same thing you are: barricading themselves in.

United States
    I agree. I'd think the majority of people would be wanting guns, not saws, and if you had food and water, Home Depot would be a good place to fortify and sit things out.
    I grew up in the country, and my dad still lives out there, so that would most likely be my first choice. It's pretty isolated neighbor-wise, and I know the land/surroundings well. Plus, my dad's pretty stocked with rifles/handguns/ammo. He keeps extra food and water on hand due to the extremes in weather we get (flooding, tornadoes, blizzards) which could make you dependent on what you have on hand.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnGirl27 View Post
    I agree. I'd think the majority of people would be wanting guns, not saws, and if you had food and water, Home Depot would be a good place to fortify and sit things out.
    I forgot to mention that every time I go to Home Depot I notice that they have TONS of pallets of bottled water. There's also a small amount of food there, but you'd obviously need to bring more from elsewhere. Water would be covered for a great time, however. I'd say there's enough bottled water in most Home Depots to last 4 people AT LEAST a year.

United States
    i would go to my local wal-mart. there's a wal mart in my county that is huge. it would be relatively easy to block off the exits/entrances, and it has plenty of food and even guns and ammo.

(and video games and clothes...)

United States
    As to the people not looting home depot, or it not being a destination for people. I would like to just point out that in tornado and hurricane areas these places are very busy and fights break out over nails/screws and hammers and wood.

You could easily see scenarios where people go to loot them and take stuff to their home to fortify with. Not everyone is a DIY guy and would need to get stuff from somewhere.

I do not think any idea is 100% fool proof. You ware going to run into other people in wall mart, police stations, gun stores, EVEN in the woods. People are everywhere we are worse than cockroaches,

Knowing this you have to use that to your advantage in my opinion and band together with family and friends you trust and pool your resources and make a go of it either on the go or in a safe house.

Either way people will not be easy to avoid. Not in the beginning that part is so very well said. You wont find organized lines in a wall mart if the warnings on the TV and radio are to board yourselves indoors. You are going to be throwing fists with Joe Bob, and his cousin Billy Ray in hardware over the last box of decking screws.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    I wouldn't go to my local mall, that's for sure. It's nothing but clothing and jewelry stores; they don't sell so much as a wiffleball bat. I'd be stuck fighting hordes of zombies with my bare hands.
    i'm lucky in a way, i live not too far from a mall that has a pro bass shop. they have guns, camping equipment, and the likes. it's also got 2 floors and a fish tank with fish. that's where i would try to get to.