Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Washington Bunkers

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Just sounds like you're grasping for straws here, but I don't really care. Land is clearly meant to be placed after Day timeline-wise, but since I don't think they all take place in the same timeline anyway, I don't really care. But Day is obviously (discipline-wise) no more than a year into the outbreak. How far is Land in? Well, that is the question... And two characters state three years.
    I like how you totally ignore my points and just say I am "grasping for straws". You mention how the zeds quit attacking the fence in Land as evidence that they are more advanced there. I mention that the fence is electrified, unlike the one in Day, refuting the idea that it means anything. That hardly seems like grasping at straws. It is simple facts. Odd that you would even chime in as a devotee of the "they dont take place in the same timeline" concept.

United States
    Do you think they spent over 600 million dollars just to build on an underground visitors center for the US Capital building?

The center looks pretty but it had another purpose. The sub-level fallout shelters developed during the cold war were badly in need of renovation. And they needed a massive public building project as cover to close off areas, bring in the men, materials, and earth moving equipment to complete the upgrade. Just add on time and cost overruns to conceal the true nature of the project.

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

United States
    A great point, that puppy came in so far over budget and off time table for completion there was/is CLEARLY more going on there.