Thread: a remake of seven samauri with george clooney?

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada

a remake of seven samauri with george clooney?

i had to read this one 5 or 6 times before it sank in.
    The Standard reports that Hong Kong action star Donnie Yen is set to lead in the Hollywood remake of Japanese classic "The Seven Samurai", alongside George Clooney and Chinese starlet Zhang Ziyi, a film company said.

Yen met with Harvey Weinstein last week to discuss the remake of the 1954 action film directed by Japanese master Akira Kurosawa. According to a spokesperson for Mandarin Films, which represents the actor, "Donnie has met Harvey Weinstein in Cannes to discuss the project, we don't know more details as it is still at an early stage".

Yen, 43-year-old actor, director and action choreographer, has starred in over 40 films, including "Blade II", "Seven Swords" and Zhang Yimou's "Hero". The Seven Samurai tells a story of seven Samurai heroes' who battle with 40 bandits who try to control and constantly attack a small village.

WTF! this is one movie that certainly doesn't need a remake. certainly not one done in hollywood with an american a-list actor thrown in. unfrigginbelievable.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I agree. I kid you not, the action scene at the end of the original is still one of the best action scenes I've ever seen.

Also, what actor could they POSSIBLY find that can replace Toshiro Mifune? Steve Buscemi?

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed
    Also, what actor could they POSSIBLY find that can replace Toshiro Mifune? Steve Buscemi?
    hahahahaha! i was thinking maybe paul reubens in pee-wee saves the village.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    bah, they already remade the Seven Samurai, sept they called it the Magnificent Seven,

and George Clooney? I'm reminded of a Chappelle show skit... "You have The Mexican with Brad Pitt, The Last Samurai with Tom Cruise, I wonder what's next? Hey, I know, maybe they'll buy this, The Last Nigger On Earth starring Tom Hanks, how bout that."

"To further complicate, I will now state, that your convictions lack definition and form."

Fiji
    1) it'll never happen

2) they've remade this story atleast 27 times so don't get you collective panties in a bunch.

3) the wild bunch is the best version of this.

Dead

Undisclosed
    personally I think it should be illegal to remake an Akira Kurosawa movie from now on.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by zombie04
    personally I think it should be illegal to remake an Akira Kurosawa movie from now on.
    Best quote ever, and repz to you.

Isle of Man
    I concur. Never should there be a remake of a Kurosawa film...especially starring George Clooney.

Also, is there a link for this source?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by erisi236
    bah, they already remade the Seven Samurai, sept they called it the Magnificent Seven,

and George Clooney? I'm reminded of a Chappelle show skit... "You have The Mexican with Brad Pitt, The Last Samurai with Tom Cruise, I wonder what's next? Hey, I know, maybe they'll buy this, The Last Nigger On Earth starring Tom Hanks, how bout that."
    ive said it before and ill say it again ,everybody loves chappelles show

but i dont think hed be that bad he was pretty good in that vampire one with bruce campells right hand chin tarantino

Quote Originally Posted by zombie04
    you think this is bad what about people trying to "hollywood" "re-invision" , old boy, violent cop AND *ominous drumroll* battle royale.... 2 , not the frist one, yeah i didnt get it either.

and hollywood should just funk the funk off with j-horror and try to be origional or move to a retirement home in skeggy.
    Last edited by Danny; 02-Jun-2006 at 04:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost