Stray and Son

-stray-

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by strayrider View Post
    ... or more of the same.

Stray and Son

-stray-
    bloody fooking nora, things are the same all over. my dad and i go and blow the shit out stuff together relatively often. he has a friend that has a big farm in georgetown, ky, so we don't go to a range. we just set up a bunch of crap in the middle of a tobacco field (in fall and winter obviously) or against the side of one his friend's barns and proceed to blast it into oblivion. great fun.

my dad has an old british enfield rifle that i love to shoot because of the history of it but damn the first time i fired it when i was like 14 or so, i thought i'd been hit by a mule.

the old man is much more serious about it than i am. i'll be out there with my pistols in each hand like clint eastwood blowing the pogees out of everything (including the actual targets sometimes) and he'll come up when i'm done and be like "out of my way kid (yes, i am almost 40) now the real shooting starts." and proceed to hit everything he even remotely aims at and he's almost 70. i'm just an average shot, even when i was in the army and being super serious about shooting 33 or so out of 40 was the best i could do. my dad, on the other hand, is like a damn sniper with a rifle and not anyone you'd want aiming a firearm at you.

the true way an american father and son should bond - over firearms. i can't wait till my son is old enough that i can take him out and shoot the crap out of stuff. i might be a raging left winger but man i do love shooting.

on another note: my dad never made guns a "secret" thing when i was young. when he was cleaning them or whatever, he always took the time to explain how they worked and how dangerous they were to my brother and i. i never had any curiosity about guns when i was little or any desire to "play" with them because i'd been exposed to how they worked from a young age and understood just how very deadly they are.
    Last edited by Mike70; 15-Feb-2009 at 07:35 AM.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    my dad has an old british enfield rifle that i love to shoot because of the history of it but damn the first time i fired it when i was like 14 or so, i thought i'd been hit by a mule.
    .303 Lee-Enfield, probably. Most common. One of the "smoothest" bolt action rifles ever made. Like butter. (and on my "to buy" list)

i'll be out there with my pistols in each hand like clint eastwood blowing the pogees out of everything (including the actual targets sometimes)
    Hey, I've done the same thing. Not only does it look cool, it FEELS cool!

and he'll come up when i'm done and be like "out of my way kid (yes, i am almost 40) now the real shooting starts." and proceed to hit everything he even remotely aims at and he's almost 70. i'm just an average shot, even when i was in the army and being super serious about shooting 33 or so out of 40 was the best i could do. my dad, on the other hand, is like a damn sniper with a rifle and not anyone you'd want aiming a firearm at you.

the true way an american father and son should bond - over firearms. i can't wait till my son is old enough that i can take him out and shoot the crap out of stuff. i might be a raging left winger but man i do love shooting.

on another note: my dad never made guns a "secret" thing when i was young. when he was cleaning them or whatever, he always took the time to explain how they worked and how dangerous they were to my brother and i. i never had any curiosity about guns when i was little or any desire to "play" with them because i'd been exposed to how they worked from a young age and understood just how very deadly they are.
    God bless your dad. A true American.

(there are no icons on this forum to represent someone standing up with their hand over their heart, but, if there were, I'd paste it right here)

-stray-