Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: MOVIES TO AVOID AT ALL COSTS - Any Genre

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I got your back, Gary. Carpenter can be a near genius(The Thing), but then he does crap like BTILC and Ghosts of Mars. Hell....it's only recently that I opened up to the cheese that is Escape From NY. BTILC takes that cheese and runs way too far with it.

capncnut
    I thought BTILC was okay at the time but now I find it silly and a tad boring. It's no great shakes when compared to his other films, notably Assault On Precinct 13, Escape From New York, The Thing, They Live, etc.

BTILC is an oddity because it's firmly rooted within his 'classic' period but still remains unremarkable at the same time.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    I thought there were some good critters in BTILC though...
    Speaking of, the Critters movies are absolute crap.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I got your back, Gary. Carpenter can be a near genius(The Thing), but then he does crap like BTILC and Ghosts of Mars. Hell....it's only recently that I opened up to the cheese that is Escape From NY. BTILC takes that cheese and runs way too far with it.

Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    I thought BTILC was okay at the time but now I find it silly and a tad boring. It's no great shakes when compared to his other films, notably Assault On Precinct 13, Escape From New York, The Thing, They Live, etc.

BTILC is an oddity because it's firmly rooted within his 'classic' period but still remains unremarkable at the same time.
    don't make me use my eagle claw kung fu on you two as well as DJ.

in fact my cylon warrior asks "which of you bitches has a problem with big trouble in little china?"
    Last edited by Mike70; 17-Feb-2009 at 06:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post

Thank You sir. I love most of his work, even the little talked about THEY LIVE, which is really a cool little flick beneath all the mistakes. However, the praise lapped upon BTILC is not deserved. It is weak and pointless. Even Escape From La is another Carpenter disaster.

I find Carpenters work to be Hit and miss, he runs 50/50. BTILC was the miss, The Thing remake was the Hit. I cannot heap enough praise on The Thing remake, and you should see it in HD. The only thing dating the movie is the technology shown in the movie, otherwise the new HD master makes it look like a fairly recent film.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Big Trouble in Little China is one of my all time favourite movies.