Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: ONE SOLID REASON DAWN of the DEAD 2004 rocks

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    I've watched that more than the original 68 version, it's a great remake IMO. Tony Todd just rules in that movie.
    I love it too... The effects are amazing too! When that super skinny zombie guy is at the window, being shot, it's done so well!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion2213 View Post
    I've watched that more than the original 68 version, it's a great remake IMO. Tony Todd just rules in that movie.
    It's the best remake of a zombie movie.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Bub666 View Post
    It's the best remake of a zombie movie.
    Well, there's only 3 to choose from ain't there? (really)
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Well, there's only 3 to choose from ain't there? (really)
    OK,best zombie remake so far.Is that better?Because we all know that they will eventuality remake some of the other zombie movies out there.
    Last edited by Bub666; 26-Sep-2008 at 11:38 AM.

Super Moderator

UK
    The only thing I REALLY REALLY REALLY didn't like was Judy Rose - I wanted to punch her, or failing that, myself in the frontal lobe for forty-seven minutes exactly, then have a break of about a minute, then repeat twice more because she was so f*cking useless, or so f*cking annoying, or so f*cking Rambette, and then so f*cking useless, crying, annoying and stupid.

Gah! When the car finally blew I was so relieved!

Kyra Schon is still the best little girl zombie though, but yes the effects were rather spiffing, if only they'd been allowed to keep more of the gore (like seen in the behind the scenes stuff, there's one headshot in particular that would have gone down very well in the movie I think).

It did feel a tad ... erm ... I duno, soft around the edges at times. There was something about it that didn't have the bollocks of Night through Day ... it's hard to explain, the best I can do is it felt a bit ... 'soft' ... still like it though.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    The only thing I REALLY REALLY REALLY didn't like was Judy Rose - I wanted to punch her, or failing that, myself in the frontal lobe for forty-seven minutes exactly, then have a break of about a minute, then repeat twice more because she was so f*cking useless, or so f*cking annoying, or so f*cking Rambette, and then so f*cking useless, crying, annoying and stupid.

Gah! When the car finally blew I was so relieved!
    I agree,she was the worse part of the whole movies.I was so happy when she died.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It's funny. In the original judy was way more helpful and had more to say. Barbara was in a catatinic state for virtually the entire film. It seems as if they made judy a vessel for all that female panickyness.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I disagree... I was watching it the other day, and found myself bored.. I actually fast-forwarded through large sections of it...

Silly characters doing unbelievably silly things at times... A bit silly

And then ontop of that, there's the godzilla squawking zombies with contacts...

Don't get me wrong, it's watchable, but it's far from a 'THE' for me...

Funny you point out contacts, consider the remake of Night, Land and Diary had zombies wearing contacts. Hell even I had to wear them when on set, and I don't see what people bitch about, that aren't that uncomfortable. I actually ate dinner wearing mine, and kept them in until Greg figured we were finished, and he took them out. I never complained, never pissed and moaned, and they looked cool. I wish I could have kept them.

I still have my zombie teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Bub666 View Post
    I agree,she was the worse part of the whole movies.I was so happy when she died.
    I am another who agrees Judy Rose was completely useless, something DAWN 04 didn't have that much of, although Dog girl was semi useless, she wasn't a main character or on screen enough to get under peoples skin until she went after the dog.
    Last edited by DjfunkmasterG; 20-Mar-2009 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Funny you point out contacts, consider the remake of Night, Land and Diary had zombies wearing contacts.
    But there's I'm dead misty eye contacts... And then supernatural godzilla screaming super hyper dead being contacts...
    -Carl Sagan

capncnut
    And then ontop of that, there's the godzilla squawking zombies with contacts...
    I now refer to them as T1000 zombies.

I was watching Dawn 04 a couple of months ago and my pal starts laughing when Sarah Polley drives away from her house and her hubby, Luis, is chasing after her. He goes, "haha, it's like the bit in Terminator 2 when the T1000 is running after John Conner on the bike."

And he's right, the scenes are bang on.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    ugh. that chick was too much. those air raid siren screams of hers were what being stabbed in the eye with an ice pick must feel like. i feel sorry for the people on that set who had to listen to that up close and personal.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post

I was watching Dawn 04 a couple of months ago and my pal starts laughing when Sarah Polley drives away from her house and her hubby, Luis, is chasing after her. He goes, "haha, it's like the bit in Terminator 2 when the T1000 is running after John Conner on the bike."

Somebody should take those shots and put the T2 soundtrack when the T1000 is on screen, over the top.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Somebody should take those shots and put the T2 soundtrack when the T1000 is on screen, over the top.
    Don't be hating on DAWN 04 because it is the better zombie film over LAND
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Don't be hating on DAWN 04 because it is the better zombie film over LAND
    Ugh...

I'm not getting into that argument again.

Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post

I always thought that aspect of the "runaround" zombies ridiculous. The fact that they have the physical strength required to run at a high sprint at a consistent level, but cannont smash glass to get into the mall for the food of their choice was just too much for me.

The "runaround" zombies are just a symptom of lazy writing. It's as simple as that.

"GGGGGGGGGGGGGG Go...."