Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Huh? OK prints Jade tribute before her death

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    And the news channels will be COVERED in it too, and I bet you'll be able to count 5 windows of Sky News' red button interactive menu of screens, dedicated to it all.
    Well she died at 3am and the news channels are running it as a normal story.

"...And here's Tom with the weather."

Also, I guess this kind of validates OK's tribute because it goes on sale on the 24th. Oh well, I shall run a tribute of my own for today via avatar in rememberance.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Well she died at 3am and the news channels are running it as a normal story.

"...And here's Tom with the weather."

Also, I guess this kind of validates OK's tribute because it goes on sale on the 24th. Oh well, I shall run a tribute of my own for today via avatar in rememberance.
    If the press are anything to go by - with the amount of coverage - this is seemingly the most important event since the death of Christ

This is sad news for her friends and family, but let's be honest here - She was an ill-educated idiot, who for some reason was deemed to be of interest by society... Paints a rather poor picture of society IMHO.
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    If the press are anything to go by - with the amount of coverage - this is seemingly the most important event since the death of Christ

This is sad news for her friends and family, but let's be honest here - She was an ill-educated idiot, who for some reason was deemed to be of interest by society... Paints a rather poor picture of society IMHO.
    She was a public figure of mockery, mocked for her complete lack of any education or intelligence.

Now, I watch Big Brother, and have every year since it started - but as soon as it's over, I couldn't give a turd knuckle about them, and I certainly don't watch other reality shite, nor buy those "sleb" rags. (Whoever first used "sleb" on here, nice one, I like it).

Anyway - haven't been on the news since yesterday evening. No doubt the story will kick off like wild fire - geez, just wait until funeral day.

Then there's that ghastly programme on one of those 112 or 113 channels, "Living TV" or whatever - ugh.

Capn - why the blue? She looks like Dr Manhattan's knows-literally-nothing cousin.

The whole thing is tragic for the family of course, but it's a sad comment on modern news, magazine and television media.

capncnut
    Capn - why the blue? She looks like Dr Manhattan's knows-literally-nothing cousin.
    My Dawn avatar was blue and I'm just going for a similar pisstake thing.

Ha, now Tweed has to go back in the slammer.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    ding dog the witch is dead
    which o' witch?
    the wicked witch!

ding dong the wicked witch is deadddddddd

Sorry. Inappropriate maybe - I apologise if I offend anyone with my rants against this fucking fat waste of shit.

This vile advert for abortion is no longer going to be on my TV after tomorrow, the world will very quickly forget, as have I.

I am so cold to this "human"...I don't care about her, or her stupid chav husband, or her mother who's sold her story already and been on TV. Fuck 'em all for making the world just that little bit more intolerable.
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Isn't Mr Goody currently locked up for his assault charges?
    this guy sounds like a real winner:

On September 1, 2008, Tweed was sentenced to 18 months in prison for attacking a 16 year old boy with a golf club in December 2006, one month before entering the house. He served four months of the sentence before being released on electronic monitoring on 27 January 2009.[21]

He married Jade Goody on 22 February 2009. On 3 March 2009, Tweed was convicted of common assault for attacking a taxi driver in May 2008.[22]

if i hadn't been thumbing through people magazine while waiting for the eye doctor a few weeks ago, i'd have no idea who these two were.

they seem to be the poster children for everything that is wrong with reality tv. attention seeking, no talent having trash that try to parlay time spent on a tv show where the only thing they have to do is be watched by other people into "stardom."

when someone this shockingly uneducated and ignorant can become a "celebrity" because of her stupidity, we are all in deep trouble.
    Last edited by Mike70; 22-Mar-2009 at 02:54 PM.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

capncnut
    Well, I'm quite surprised at the way the news channels are handling it. While it's the top news story, it's not exactly being shoved down our throats...

...but wait for those tabloids tomorrow. Every front page will carry a picture of her Michael Berryman bonce and the tag 'England's princess' underneath it.

It is a bit of a shit for her kids though, and to lose their mum on Mother's Day. I bet the one-armed bandit, Jackiey, ain't feeling to good either.

Oh MZ, your mate Brownie has hailed Jade as 'courageous' and 'an inspiration to many'. I knew he'd have something predictable and useless to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    when someone this shockingly uneducated and ignorant can become a "celebrity" because of her stupidity, we are all in deep trouble.
    Tell me about it. This may sound incredible but she was once asked who Sherlock Holmes was and she replied, "didn't he play for England?"
    Last edited by capncnut; 22-Mar-2009 at 03:20 PM.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    100% well said.

Notice how kids nowdays only say "i want to be famous" as an ambition - this is a result of people like her. Fame succeeds an achievement, not preceeds it. This woman brought nothing to world, and the amount of half assed tributes being poured over her is sickening when they are truly good people dying in the world right now.
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada

Tell me about it. This may sound incredible but she was once asked who Sherlock Holmes was and she replied, "didn't he play for England?"
    please tell me you are kidding??? i know 4 year olds that can tell you who sherlock holmes was (and he played for scotland anyway, scored 2 goals in the 74 world cup). was this silly broad just having a laugh on everyone? can any single person really be that clueless??

i read the article about her on the BBC today and it is awash in hyperbole and nonsensical shit.

the thing that really kills me is that she wrote a biography?? she was only in her 20s, what the fuck did she have to write about??

Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    Notice how kids nowdays only say "i want to be famous" as an ambition - this is a result of people like her. Fame succeeds an achievement, not preceeds it. This woman brought nothing to world, and the amount of half assed tributes being poured over her is sickening when they are truly good people dying in the world right now.
    yep. everybody wants to be "famous" and most think that talent or achievement need not figure into it. how many shitty singers go to auditions for american idol (and shows like it around the world) hoping to be the next william hung? the fact that most people were laughing at that guy and not with him never even crosses their minds.

that is the true curse of reality tv; people becoming "famous" for simply acting like fools on tv.

i do enjoy some reality tv. i find shows like "top chef" entertaining because the contestants actually have some talent beyond mugging for the camera.
    Last edited by Mike70; 22-Mar-2009 at 07:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Mike70: well I love the Apprentice - simply because I enjoy seeing business egos destroyed through unbelievable displays of stupidity...but at least it has a point, Xfactor and Pop Idol or whatever is purely the death of music and talent. So yeah I'm with you on that one, people famous simply for being arseholes...it's not on really, and unfortunately sends a very sad message to the youth of today.

I've been very harsh about Goody in the past and tbh, I am still feeling the same way - she brought nothing to the world and only added more paranoia, fear, and insecurity...

Super Moderator

UK
    Well, I'm quite surprised at the way the news channels are handling it. While it's the top news story, it's not exactly being shoved down our throats...

...but wait for those tabloids tomorrow. Every front page will carry a picture of her Michael Berryman bonce and the tag 'England's princess' underneath it.

It is a bit of a shit for her kids though, and to lose their mum on Mother's Day. I bet the one-armed bandit, Jackiey, ain't feeling to good either.

Oh MZ, your mate Brownie has hailed Jade as 'courageous' and 'an inspiration to many'. I knew he'd have something predictable and useless to say.
    Aye - another dime-a-dozen quote from Brown. He couldn't give a bugger really, why do we need to know what he "thinks" (i.e. what his 'team thinks')?

Also - was on Sky News interactive red button menu thingy today - two windows directly about Jade, a "Sunday" window about the main story of the day - which was Jade - so that's three windows dedicated to Jade Goody's death.

Then - there's the "headlines" window, which is a quick run through of the headlines, so every five minutes it's Jade on that window too - and finally, the main news feed, which at some point every 15 minutes is going to be about Jade Goody - so, indeed, there was FIVE out of EIGHT windows being used up about Jade Goody.

Now - the tragedy in amongst this pool of foul "slebritty" seeking, media obsession, lack of talent & education and so on, is - as you say Capn - she's a mother with two young kids (who look completely ignorant and bewildered by what's been going on around them lately). The two boys don't have a mother anymore, and they lost her on mother's day.

As for the Jade "death-o-rama" circus, it won't be over for a long while yet - there's still the 'epic' funeral coming soon to a TV screen near you, then of course all the tie-in books and so on.

It really speaks ill of our society today, doesn't it?

capncnut
    Aye - another dime-a-dozen quote from Brown. He couldn't give a bugger really, why do we need to know what he "thinks"?
    It's a tad hypocritical considering he was condemning her for the Shilpa Shetty race row on Slebrity BB. Now she's a f**king saint.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    It's a tad hypocritical considering he was condemning her for the Shilpa Shetty race row on Slebrity BB. Now she's a f**king saint.
    another interesting point. in addition to being dumb as a box of hand rubbed rocks, she also said a number of racial things which caused an outcry. she gets cancer and starts parading her two kids around in giant boohoo fests and all of a sudden she is some "role model" and "symbol of courage." unbelievable that this talentless, ignorant, racist harpy who seemingly never did anything other than aggrandize her own ego is now being held up as something to aspire to.

i don't get people sometimes.

what might be the saddest thing of all is that it seems that this bimbo's demise has pushed natasha richardson's death to the back burner. that is criminal because not only was natasha richardson an incredibly talented actress, she was an amazingly kind, giving person who actually seemed to give a fuck about other people and care about making a difference in the world.

capncnut
    what might be the saddest thing of all is that it seems that this bimbo's demise has pushed natasha richardson's death to the back burner.
    As it happens, I ain't heard jackshit about Natasha today. Which is a sickener because Liam Neeson is quite the depressed motherf**ker at the moment.

Outstaged by a talentless turd.

As for Jade, my cousin attended the same school as her in Bermondsey and bullying was observed on more than a few occasions. Let's just say there's no love lost as far as that goes.

Administrator

England
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan