Thread: Grandma Ida Missing Link?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Exclamation Grandma Ida Missing Link?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...evolution.html

Probably not, but good info.

But let's just say that the missing link is discovered one day. What religeous implications do you guys think it would have?

Catastrophic to say the least, imo.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Nah...I think most of the crazy religious folk will continue to do what they do now. Just refuse to accept anything. Even if it seems plausible "No!...god did it".

Super Moderator

United States
    Zealotry is the great enemy of reason.

Thoughtful, reasoning people, whether religious or not, will take different things into account, zealots will only take into account what bolsters their own world and cosmological view.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post

Thoughtful, reasoning people, whether religious or not, will take different things into account, zealots will only take into account what bolsters their own world and cosmological view.
    I agree.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post

I agree as well.

You write out things so eloquently. But i'Ve said basically the same thing my whole life except it went something like "Religion is the enemy of science." Same difference I guess.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    I don't think it would make any difference, in my opinion. The evidence for evolution is there and almost irrefutable - those with the traits best suited to survival have a better chance of reproducing and passing those traits onto their offspring and so on - it's obvious, you can even see it happen before your very eyes in creatures that reproduce very quickly (it's the reason we're seeing more new, antibiotic resistant bacteria every year). Anyone, religious or not, willing to apply an ounce of reason to the full and logical facts cannot fail to see the truth in it.

The problem is that the people who have immersed themselves so deeply in the hyper-zealot creationist worldview have invested so much of their life and energy in denying everything science tells them, that they will never be able to psychologically come to terms with the fact that they're wrong. They have such a deep vested interest in denying the truth that they simply can't give up now.