Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: can we get a REAL wide release this time?!?

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Theatrical releases are over rated. I mean have you guys BEEN to a theater lately? Between the cell phones, obnoxious teens and crying babies it's awful. I'll wait for the dvd release and watch it my 50 inch plasma with surround sound. Beats a theater any day.
    I must admit to prefering to watch horror films at home. I can do it justice by turning all the lights off, and knowing there will be no interuptions from stupid 16yr olds laughing at all the wrong moments...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I must admit to prefering to watch horror films at home. I can do it justice by turning all the lights off, and knowing there will be no interuptions from stupid 16yr olds laughing at all the wrong moments...
    I guess it depends on the cinema you go to, I'm fortunate in that my local cineplex (despite being located in an area where you'll easily find four teenage chav mums talking and smoking while ignoring their babies by the side of the road, or chavs on mountain bikes attempting to pop wheelies) is actually quite good when it comes to the audience.

Only on two or three occasions has there been a mild bit of nuisance - the biggest was Pineapple Express if memory serves, there was a double date going on and the lads were on either side of the two girls who were sat by each other making the shittest of shit jokes to each other, and making retarded comment after retarded comment - but they piped down for 90% of the movie, plus I find the volume always drowns out any possible numptyism.

In fact, going to see Drag Me To Hell was one of my best ever cinema experiences - a packed crowd, and everyone was on the same level and enjoying it in the same way - it felt like being in an American audience, but you know the sort you'd find at the showing of a cult movie, not the sort where there's the annoying woman who says "oh no don't be goin' in there girlfriend" or whatever ... ... yeah, DMTH was my best cinema audience experience ever.

What does annoy me though, are the legions of twats who insist on running out of the cinema as soon as there's a hint the credits are about to start - and then, as is so often the case these days, you get more footage during the credits - everybody then halts on the stairs, which is mildly okay but they shouldn't have been so impatient - what really annoys me though are the twats who stop right in front of you (when you're on the front row (of the good seats anyway, not the seats where you're about 2ft from the screen - the ascending main set of seats I man) ... so you get a bunch of silhouettes ruining your view.

One time that happened I started flailing my arms in a "get out of the way" motion and grunted "get out out of the way you fucking morons!" ... which my friends both agreed with, and found hilarious.

Oh yeah ... "of the Dead" ... well I saw Land and Diary at the same cinema, so no doubt I'll get to see it there. Hopefully this time I can get someone to go with me, saw Land with a fellow GAR fan, and saw Diary on my own on the afternoon of it's first day of release.

United States
    I'll take the theater experience any day. Especially for a GAR movie. It's just better, imho. Plus you get movie theater popcorn.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    I'll take the theater experience any day. Especially for a GAR movie. It's just better, imho. Plus you get movie theater popcorn.
    That's a minus to me - cinema popcorn is bland, chewy packing material.

Stuff bought in the supermarket (e.g. that Butterkist, or however it's spelled, stuff is lush) is far better in my experience. Plus it's a damn sight cheaper.

United States
    I won't argue on the price for what you get. But here at least we have some damned fine popcorn in the theaters.

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed

notierty......

Quote Originally Posted by thxleo View Post
    You could not have said it better.
    Thats my point.... This is our "star wars" or trek or planet of the apes, this is a series of movies we want to get the attention, I was really asking because i get into movies for free so plus you get to meet fellow fans and sometimes a nice girl (lucky my ex was a fan but can be hard to find) that likes Zombie movies (Girls who like zombies are fun usually imo)
    but seriously I would like to see an old director get some media attention he deserves, I have my preferences but I pretty much enjoy every movie he has made that ive seen and thats what matters , again imo......

Ive been lurking these forums for years but finally decided to share my opin...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    What does annoy me though, are the legions of twats who insist on running out of the cinema as soon as there's a hint the credits are about to start - and then, as is so often the case these days, you get more footage during the credits - everybody then halts on the stairs, which is mildly okay but they shouldn't have been so impatient - what really annoys me though are the twats who stop right in front of you (when you're on the front row (of the good seats anyway, not the seats where you're about 2ft from the screen - the ascending main set of seats I man) ... so you get a bunch of silhouettes ruining your view.

Oh yeah ... "of the Dead" ... well I saw Land and Diary at the same cinema, so no doubt I'll get to see it there. Hopefully this time I can get someone to go with me, saw Land with a fellow GAR fan, and saw Diary on my own on the afternoon of it's first day of release.

Hey man, those bathroom lines are too long to follow propper etiquette.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I'm kinda with you there. Horror films are not a big draw to the cinema for me. Call me stupid, or MTVish, but I'm only really drawn to the cinema when I know I'll get some nice majestic audio/visual treat for my bucks. And I like history, so if there's some roman epic coming out, you'll probably find me in the crowd going to see it.

But horrorfilms? I don't know, I kinda like seeing them with my friends at home.