Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dawn Of The dead video game EVER!!??????????

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    i've always imagined a game in the vein of the ps2/xbox/psp game the warriors. Imagine the tutorial level starts out with roger at the apartment block, then you meet peter and have to exterminate zombies in the basement. Then from there there are various levels detailing the cross country helicopter trek, arrival at the mall, raids on stores, moving the trucks, etc. Most of these levels could be played from various perspectives - e.g you can choose to play as stephen in the chopper, peter or roger on the ground, or francine sniping from the roof. Once the mall is secured, the game opens up and, using the civil defense hideout as a hub, you are free to roam the building, playing mini-games (including the genuine 1970s arcade games), exploring shops and hidden passages, go skating, shoot zombies from the roof, take the cars for a spin or even (if you're feeling brave) fight zombies out in the car park, take the trucks for a spin and visit new locations such as the nearby meat-packing plant (where they got the trucks from initially) and the local neighbourhood, and practice your flying skills in the chopper. There will also be new missions at this point dealing with things that happened during their stay at the mall that weren't featured in the film. There should also be multiple endings, based on your choices - including joining the biker gang, wiping out the bikers and the zombies but winning only a burnt-out, battle-shell of a mall, escaping in the chopper (movie ending) or the trucks, committing suicide (unused movie ending), or everyone simply being consumed. There could also be some insight into what happened to the survivors after the events of the film... If they make the right choices. Like the warriors game, they should stay very close to the visual style of the movie (bright day-glo apocalypse), retain the 1970s look, fashions and technology, and use the cast from the movie to voice it.

bingo!!!!!:d

Chasing Prey

Canada
    the closest thing to a "dead" game was someone making a mod off the PC version of gta vice city. it looked great, complete with all the radio stations either broadcasting news or being all static.

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    the closest thing to a "dead" game was someone making a mod off the PC version of gta vice city. it looked great, complete with all the radio stations either broadcasting news or being all static.
    I remember that! It was a great idea, but it was a bit shit, if I remember rightly, because the zombies were just normal, healthy-looking pedestrians who would run after you and try to beat you up (basically acting like outraged victims in the game would if you tried to steal their car). Also, for some reason, the draw-distance was cut right down to a few dozen yards, with just blackness beyond, making driving really difficult and killing the "epic" nature of the mod.

With just a little more work it would have been kick-ass!

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    I remember that! It was a great idea, but it was a bit shit, if I remember rightly, because the zombies were just normal, healthy-looking pedestrians who would run after you and try to beat you up (basically acting like outraged victims in the game would if you tried to steal their car). Also, for some reason, the draw-distance was cut right down to a few dozen yards, with just blackness beyond, making driving really difficult and killing the "epic" nature of the mod.

With just a little more work it would have been kick-ass!

its the best mod to date besides the BTTF series someone made on gta as well

United States
    uhhhhh hummmm, have u seen my mods? :P

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by Trancelikestate View Post
    uhhhhh hummmm, have u seen my mods? :P
    I've not played them, but they do actually look lot better than the Vice City: Long Night mod. I loved the NotLD farmhouse one, especially.

The Long Night was cool in that it was a total conversion of the game, but like I said there were a couple of things that really killed the potential awesomeness. Mainly because, unlike Trance's mods, the modder didn't really add anything to the game other than scripting (he didn't edit character models to make zombies, or add any new buildings or anything). It was just GTA:VC with the graphics messed up a bit and people trying to attack you. There were some very well designed missions though.

United States
    ahh thats cool. yeah i never saw that one for some reason. but i do love the bttf mod. its one of the if not the best mod out there. you guys need to check it out.

Undisclosed
    If I was a millionaire I would have hired and paid off the right people to throw this game together. eventually doing the whole Romero saga, Night, dawn day. No diary. land of course already done and was lame.

United States
    this thread is inspiring me to begin work on my mall model even though south park isnt really finished. :P i just wanna post some pics to tease you guys.