Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Terminator 5?

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    Best scene in T4 was the part with the T800 in the cyborg factory. It wasn't too coherent but it FELT like a scene from a Terminator movie, whereas everything else felt like a cross between The Matrix, Screamers and Transformers (or Transmorphers).
    That scene was pretty good, but I really liked the scene with Conner fighting the half-endoskeleton by the downed chopper. It had a real gritty feel to it and at that point, I was thinking the rest of the film might really be something.

Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    cameron could come back onboard and ghost direct the next one and you'd still say "eh, coulda been better"
    If Cameron also ghost-writes the next one, I'd be glad to let them test this theory on me.

United States
    I know I'm going to be chased by pitchforks and torches but, the heck with it.....I enjoy Terminator 3.

Yes, yes I know its not a good film but, I find it highly entertaining and fun. There I said it.

No, offense to the first ones but, I don't honesty think T3 and T4 are crapping on flawless masterpieces. All the Terminators had flaws.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post
    I know I'm going to be chased by pitchforks and torches but, the heck with it.....I enjoy Terminator 3.

Yes, yes I know its not a good film but, I find it highly entertaining and fun. There I said it.

No, offense to the first ones but, I don't honesty think T3 and T4 are crapping on flawless masterpieces. All the Terminators had flaws.
    *starts sharpening the ol' pitch fork*

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    That scene was pretty good, but I really liked the scene with Conner fighting the half-endoskeleton by the downed chopper. It had a real gritty feel to it and at that point, I was thinking the rest of the film might really be something.

If Cameron also ghost-writes the next one, I'd be glad to let them test this theory on me.

question, what do u think of maximum overdrive?

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    All the Terminators had flaws.
    I think you'll convince people of that as easily as you will that Dawn and Day have flaws.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by acealive1 View Post
    question, what do u think of maximum overdrive?
    I know that was not directed at me but yeah, I like that flick a lot Frehley.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I think you'll convince people of that as easily as you will that Dawn and Day have flaws.
    The point is - do the flaws matter, and indeed, how big are said flaws?

With T1 and T2, most certainly not.

With T3, most certainly yes, mofo.

With T4, again, definitely yes.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 11-Aug-2009 at 09:25 AM.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    The point is - do the flaws matter, and indeed, how big are said flaws?

With T1 and T2, most certainly not.

With T3, most certainly yes, mofo.

With T4, again, definitely yes.

Yes, your right. T1 is still supreme though. In my eyes anyway.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Oh come on. That's unfair. We all know those films are perfect.

United States

Back to the future...wait the past?

Yes, your right. T1 is still supreme though. In my eyes anyway.
    Im just going to throw this out there but i think T2 is in the same ball park as Empire and Aliens where they surpass the first movie. T1 was good but T2 was just epic. I understand where you're coming from but the part where they are in the LA river...i nearly jizzed my pants when i saw it. Nothing like that in T1

As for T4 it was okay, better than three which really didn't have to be made, it was basically T2 with an extended ending, four had its moments like when Bale blasts the terminator with the m60, that was cool. What i hated was that the movie was more focused on Marcus and not Conner, and where were the night battles that we saw in the flashbacks Kyle had in the first one. I hope they re-wright this script because it sounds as bad as putting Goku in high school.....*sigggghhhhh*
    "Are you asking me if I think you're pretty or if I'll f*** you? Cause you don't have to be pretty for me to f*** you"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Cartma7546 View Post
    it sounds as bad as putting Goku in high school.....*sigggghhhhh*
    You had me until this. . . ????
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    I understand where you're coming from but the part where they are in the LA river...i nearly jizzed my pants when i saw it. Nothing like that in T1

I guess I liked, T1 the best since, I found it a better SCIFI film. I digged its grittiness and frightining atmosphere more then T2 which, seemed to have a Hollywood action kinda atmosphere atleast to me. Make no mistake though, I'm not calling it a typical Hollywood action film. Its fu*king awesome. My second favorite.

I hope they re-wright this script because it sounds as bad as putting Goku in high school.....*sigggghhhhh*
    DBZ Goku?

United States
    The very same
    "Are you asking me if I think you're pretty or if I'll f*** you? Cause you don't have to be pretty for me to f*** you"

United States
    i'd have to agree with the young doc that t1 trumps t2....t2 just feels too sequel-y and formula-tic...i recall loving t2 as a kid (saw in theaters in florida), but these days would rather watch t1 over any other terminator film any day...

back on topic, though, if they stick with the idea of sending connor back to modern times (prior to judgement day), i get the feeling that this film will be worse than t3 even...

just get to the epic levels of bad-assery present in the future battle scenes from t1&2, complete with all the lasers and night setting...