Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: totally ridiculous...

Administrator

England
    ..and of course kids are watching their parents behave this way...

ps: What was the dispute about?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    ..and of course kids are watching their parents behave this way...

ps: What was the dispute about?
    From what I gather, the dispute was over the call the ump made, and over whether or not the dude sucessfully made it to first or was tagged out. Dude with the camera keeps shouting that he has on tape that the man at first dropped the ball and did not tag the runner out. UMP walks off field, wisely IMO, after several meatheads get in his face and start berating his call.

Pathetic idiots and with a crappy sense of sportsmanship, the bulk of them! Sadly, this is likely not all that unusual behavior given what I have personally seen at softball and minor league events.
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    From what I gather, the dispute was over the call the ump made, and over whether or not the dude sucessfully made it to first or was tagged out. Dude with the camera keeps shouting that he has on tape that the man at first dropped the ball and did not tag the runner out. UMP walks off field, wisely IMO, after several meatheads get in his face and start berating his call.

Pathetic idiots and with a crappy sense of sportsmanship, the bulk of them! Sadly, this is likely not all that unusual behavior given what I have personally seen at softball and minor league events.
    I concur... He gave them a chance and then walked off... Definately the right move...

On a side knote... I hate it when women use language like that or behaviour like that knowing that as a women you can't kick the absolute shit out of them...

I've had women flick me the finger knowing that as a women they can get away with it...
    Last edited by Neil; 21-Jul-2009 at 08:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciputica View Post
    This thread i totally wrong. Do a search on Cal St and see how they are. The number of trips to Omaha would be more than UK and ul combined.
    Indeed. Like I always say...Any tornado can give lectures on morality to a wedge related to the vacuum cleaner, but it takes a real sheriff to operate a small fruit stand with a light bulb near an inferiority complex. Any plaintiff can hardly figure out a paycheck, but it takes a real cough syrup to thoroughly secretly admire the ball bearing. A minivan related to a mastadon, a diskette, and a spider are what made America great! A stovepipe living with the fundraiser bestows great honor upon a polygon from the insurance agent.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I've had women flick me the finger knowing that as a women they can get away with it...
    Only if you let them, Neil and I'll never tell on ya But yeah, that is the worst.
    Last edited by AcesandEights; 21-Jul-2009 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Indeed. Like I always say...Any tornado can give lectures on morality to a wedge related to the vacuum cleaner, but it takes a real sheriff to operate a small fruit stand with a light bulb near an inferiority complex. Any plaintiff can hardly figure out a paycheck, but it takes a real cough syrup to thoroughly secretly admire the ball bearing. A minivan related to a mastadon, a diskette, and a spider are what made America great! A stovepipe living with the fundraiser bestows great honor upon a polygon from the insurance agent.

Oh, dude, now I get it! Thanks for clearing it up for me Aces!
    I especially dug the "stovepipe living with the fundraiser destows great honor upon a polygon from the insurance agent" bit. Top notch, Aces!
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Only if you let them, Neil and I'll never tell on ya But yeah, that is the worst.
    Oh I've seen absolute red mist before....

Was going around a roundabout once heading for the 2nd exit of 3. As I was going around, getting ready to take my exit, a woman undertakes me which is obviously rather dangerous (around a round about) so I let her through and beeped her to let her realise she's cut someone up.

Her reaction? To flick me the finger through her sun roof, with some real effort/aggression/meaning...

Taking a deep breath I let it go and even though I was right behind I decided to even let off the accelerator to give her distance and let the matter go... So we reach the next couple of small roundabouts where she's heading left and I'm heading straight on. So we split into two lanes her in the left and me in the right.

So as I go by her... what does she do? Flick me the finger again with her hand rammed against her drivers window. I've had enough at this point and immediately swerve the car right in front of her and brake as hard as I can. She panicks locks her brakes and skids to a halt.

I put my finger out of the window and wave "no...no...no..." and drive off...

But that was utter red mist mode...

If she'd been a man behaving this way quite simply she quite simply woudn't have been behaving this way. For a bloke, such outlandish unecessary and insulting behaviour will get you in trouble when you finally happen to do it to the wrong person. She assumes being a women she can get away with these antics... safe in the knowledge a nutter isn't going to call her up on it and deck her!
    -Carl Sagan

Norway
    LoL the judges just left them there hahahaha. A fitting testament to the human condition. I never liked sport people but I really fail to understand how people can be so angry over a game. Off course judges makes mistakes they cant see everything, bad judges dont get work and fair judges are in high demand. In my oppinion there is no exuse for such childish behaviour. But stupid behaviour over sport is not just something that happens in the USA it happens all over the world, players getting shot in south america hooligans in europe and so on. I even seen grown men cry CRY! over their country winning gold in the olympics or whatever. Stupid but not pointless we must all remember what sport replace in human behaviour.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    Geez... sometimes... people.... see, this is why I skateboard. Because there's nobody there to enforce rules and get angry if a judge does something you disagree with. Also, less attention from people is a plus. And if I mess up, I don't have anyone to blame but myself. Much less animosity on the whole, really. And if you choose to, it's just as much exercise as these team sports. Really, there isn't a downside. Unless you don't like getting kicked out of places or ticketed by the cops...