Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "I pledge" video

Canada
    Anthoney Kiedis, lead singer of the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

United States
    I clicked the link,

Got as far as "demi moore & ashton kutcher's..." before I closed the Window.

Couldn't be bothered.

Another celebrity video telling me how to vote/think?

I'll pass.

(for the record, I support the President.)

(But I'm just So. Damn. Weary. of celebrity activists.)
    Those aren't real problems, Sam.

United States
    I just realized that arguing with the right is just a big waste of time.

We already control the White house
    We already control both chambers of congress. I just became so use to it over the past 8 years that It became instinct, but now I realize its just a waste of time. There's nothing to argue about, we won and its simple as that. Now its the rights turn to claw desperately down from the bottom of the hill.
    "if wishs were fishes we'd all cast nets" - Gurney Hallack

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Exatreides View Post
    We already control the White house
    We already control both chambers of congress.
    So why not just ignore the Right and ram any and all of Obama's ideas right down our throats? What seems to be the problem?

-stray-

United States
    Because its quite fun to gloat about how horrid the Republicans were crushed during the election. A half black one term senator with a funny sounding name beat a Vietnam Veteran who was also a POW and long term senator. Not only did he beat him. He beat him by over 10 million votes. 53>45%.

He carried states that haven't gone Democratic is a good while. Mine (Indiana) hasn't gone blue since 1964. He also snagged Virginia, North Carolina and a a district in Nebraska(He did pretty well in Texas for a democrat too)The democrats took 60 seats in the house and have a strong majority in the house.

So you can go drop some little hot sauce packets from taco bell or tea or whatever you guys are dumping into the water. Wave your hands in the air like a 14 year old girl at a Jonas brothers concert about how he's not a real American (And look equally silly).

You can take guns to town hall meetings and paint Hitler mustaches on the president and scream about how the Governments trying to kill your grandmother(The grandmother who gets medicare and social security checks)

The GOP is with out any real leadership, lead by talking heads on Fox news and thrice divorced drug addicted radio talk show hosts, who all hypocritically beseech family values.

Your elected officials make Congress look like the British parliament by shouting during the presidents speech.

Your elected officials who cheat on their wives then refuse to resign claiming that they're different then that other guy whose resignation they called for.

I don't have to ram anything down your throat, your slitting your own.
    "if wishs were fishes we'd all cast nets" - Gurney Hallack

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Exatreides View Post
    Because its quite fun to gloat about how horrid the Republicans were crushed during the election. A half black one term senator with a funny sounding name beat a Vietnam Veteran who was also a POW and long term senator. Not only did he beat him. He beat him by over 10 million votes. 53>45%.

He carried states that haven't gone Democratic is a good while. Mine (Indiana) hasn't gone blue since 1964. He also snagged Virginia, North Carolina and a a district in Nebraska(He did pretty well in Texas for a democrat too)The democrats took 60 seats in the house and have a strong majority in the house.

So you can go drop some little hot sauce packets from taco bell or tea or whatever you guys are dumping into the water. Wave your hands in the air like a 14 year old girl at a Jonas brothers concert about how he's not a real American (And look equally silly).

You can take guns to town hall meetings and paint Hitler mustaches on the president and scream about how the Governments trying to kill your grandmother(The grandmother who gets medicare and social security checks)

The GOP is with out any real leadership, lead by talking heads on Fox news and thrice divorced drug addicted radio talk show hosts, who all hypocritically beseech family values.

Your elected officials make Congress look like the British parliament by shouting during the presidents speech.

Your elected officials who cheat on their wives then refuse to resign claiming that they're different then that other guy whose resignation they called for.

I don't have to ram anything down your throat, your slitting your own.
    Back to the question. Why, with the Democratic Party now basically in full control of the US government, aren't they going full speed ahead with their agenda? They have all the votes they need within their own party to make it so. Or do they?

-stray-

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by strayrider View Post
    Back to the question. Why, with the Democratic Party now basically in full control of the US government, aren't they going full speed ahead with their agenda? They have all the votes they need within their own party to make it so. Or do they?

-stray-
    He can't answer that...and he won't.

United States
    WASHINGTON (AP) - Handing the new administration a big win, House Democrats passed President Barack Obama's $787 billion plan to resuscitate the economy on Friday despite a wall of Republican opposition. The bill was approved 246-183.

Actually, the Democrats can, and they have.

And more than likely will continue to do so.

Wheter you agree with thier policies or hate them,
    the fact is they are the party in power and the
    Republicans are not.

And they ARE using thier majority to push thier agenda foward.

For the sake of everyone, I would hope that it works and not fails
    cuz its all we got now.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by kortick View Post
    WASHINGTON (AP) - Handing the new administration a big win, House Democrats passed President Barack Obama's $787 billion plan to resuscitate the economy on Friday despite a wall of Republican opposition. The bill was approved 246-183.

For the sake of everyone, I would hope that it works and not fails
    cuz its all we got now.
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...le/#top10block

Yep.

-stray-

"Your elected officials make Congress look like the British parliament by shouting during the presidents speech."

Okay.
    Last edited by strayrider; 11-Sep-2009 at 08:56 AM.

United States
    One can find articles saying they are succeeding
    or failing:

EX:

Trade, jobless claims figures show recession fades(AP)

WASHINGTON – The ending of the recession is reviving global trade, increasing U.S. imports by a record amount in July and boosting foreign demand for American goods for a third straight month.

While the job market remains a long way from recovering, first-time claims for unemployment benefits fell more than expected last week, offering some cause for optimism.....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090910/.../us_economy_28

The point is that both of you asked why the Democrats are
    not using their majority to push thier agenda foward.
    The answer is, they are.

You didnt ask if the bills they couldnt pass but did are
    suceeding.

I think we need them to suceed.
    I certianly did not wish the Bush/Cheney era
    to be such a problem. I would have much preferred
    if things turned out different as I don't think of Bush
    as an evil man. Its insane to want your government
    to fail as well as the country.

I truly do not understand this extreme partisanship.
    and to be clear I mean:

partisanship (noun)-an adherent or supporter of a person, group, party, or cause, esp. a person who shows a biased, emotional allegiance.

United States
    The point is that both of you asked why the Democrats are not using their majority to push thier agenda foward.
    The answer is, they are.
    Yes, the "stimulus" plan was rushed through in direct violation of Barry's promise for Sunshine in government. He lied.

I should have been more specific. What I was getting at is why ObamaCare has not been rammed down the opposition's collective throats (us being on the ropes and all ). I believe the primary reason for this is that the Moderate and Conservative Democrats are losing faith in BO, thus, even though Democrats have the numbers in the House and Senate, Barry can't get the votes he needs to "ram it". Plus hordes of gun-owning, Bible-thumping, pick-up trucking God and lucking, "white trash", "racist", "redneck", tax paying, voters have a lot to do with it also.

I think we need them to suceed.
    I certianly did not wish the Bush/Cheney era
    to be such a problem. I would have much preferred
    if things turned out different as I don't think of Bush
    as an evil man. Its insane to want your government
    to fail as well as the country.
    I did not think of Bush as "evil" per se, just kind of ass-clownish. My wife, who spent her childhood summers in Kennebunkport Maine at her grandmother's house, was a big time supporter of President W. She also supported McCain and darn near threatened me at gunpoint to vote for the old boy. Rest assured, I did not.

As for wanting the government to fail: only if what they are attempting to do goes against the grain of my Conservative values. The GOP lost me as a supporter well over a decade ago as they shifted hard toward the middle.

And I certainly do not want America to fail. America is not its government.

I truly do not understand this extreme partisanship.
    and to be clear I mean:

partisanship (noun)-an adherent or supporter of a person, group, party, or cause, esp. a person who shows a biased, emotional allegiance.
    Don't mistake my disdain for Barry Soetoro as support for the GOP. Whereas W was an assclown, BO is THE ultimate Assclown.

And those turdballs in the first video? Other than Kutchner and Moore (and now the funk-o-funk guy from Red Hot Chili Peppers) I still don't know who they are (other than "famous" people).

-stray-

Another video. This one would have been great even without the Borg or Ronald McDonald references. Don't watch this while tripping

Last edited by strayrider; 14-Sep-2009 at 08:30 AM.