Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Movement to ban text messaging while behind the wheel gathers steam

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Bypassing the circuitry of a VCDR (Vehicle Crash Data Recorder) is as simple as wire cutters, electric tape and a laptop.
    You spent your childhood fracturing the occasional automobile law, didn't you?

"You see you cross these two wires together and...BAM! Hotwired!"

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    everytime I see the title of the thread I wish it was called "movement to ban text messaging behind the wheel gathers MOMENTUM"....because it kinda ties in as a pun....

That's all I have to contribute...

*gets coat*
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

England
    No doubt it wont be long before theres a push to ban radios & cd players in cars too..

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    No doubt it wont be long before theres a push to ban radios & cd players in cars too..

Well, isn't that the logical conclusion? Those are things that distract people from the task at hand as well.

So if your going to start something like this, where does it stop?

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Geez, that'd make driving so goddamned boring.

I don't have a car that I can really enjoy the engine noise of, so that's out - instead I love the feel of driving, accelerating through a corner and feeling the grip carry me through, stringing together a series of corners in an efficient ... slightly German ... fashion - yes, very nice.

I always have a CD on the go in my car, whenever I don't it's dull as dishwater driving around. Nothing to do with the car, just driving in general.

I mean, having the window down at 1am and driving along country lanes on a cool summer night is great fun (N.B. not in a reckless fashion).

Anyway - had to go without music yesterday when I was off to a meeting because the radio had locked me out and I needed the code (no doubt something to do with the repairs on it recently, perhaps the battery was disconnected or something - that always locks the radio - safety measure apparently - ).

Fortunately I had the code texted to me for the drive back, and it made the journey so much nicer.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post

Me? Fracture the occasional law? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

England
    Its not so much listening to music thats the problem, its the changing of CD or radio station while driving which has people veering about,especially when fumbling about with of those huge CD wallets!
    I enjoy driving usually,apart from during my work commute when im stuck behind slow arses,trucks,tractors,buses & people who have no idea when they have the right of way or not, all of which get overtaken at the first safe opportunity so that I can drive at the pace I feel comfortable driving at!

United States
    First they ban drunk driving and then
    they just keep on going.
    Whats next I ask you?

No more slowing down to look at hookers?

But serious my nephew was just in a crash last sunday.
    He was stopped at a light and texting someone.
    The car was not moving, he waited til he got to a red light
    before he returned the text.
    The light turned green and the 2 cars in front of him
    moved on and he was finishing his text and this guy slammed
    into his rear end. Yes my nephew was texting, but he was stopped
    with his brake lights on and this guy wasnt paying attention that
    there was even a car in front of him, never mind what the driver
    was doing.

So you could say it was caused by texting at a red light or you
    can say that some (not all) people are lousy drivers and will
    cause accidents no matter what the situation.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post

Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Me? Fracture the occasional law? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Dj was just smart enough never to get caught.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Dj was just smart enough never to get caught.

Oh I have been caught... plenty of times. As I got older I smartened up and decided it all wasn't worth it. Hacking into the cars CDR is no biggie, or even changing the ECM system so I can recalibrate the cars accelerator is a small infraction, but some of the shit I did... just for kicks, landed me in deep shit.

At Age 17, I took 22 Onondaga County Sheriff's, 3 local town police, and a bunch of state troopers on a 2+ hour car chase through Syracuse NY on XMAS eve back in 1988 just because I didn't feel like pulling over for a speeding ticket.

That stunt cost me my license for 8 years. However, I did get away at first. How I got caught was a so called friend, who needed to get out of trouble name dropped me to another cop and they showed up at my door with his written statement and an arrest warrant.

I don't remember all the charges to a T, but I know there were at least

8 counts of reckless driving
    3 or 4 counts of speeds in excess of 125 mph
    at least 2 red light & stop sign tickets
    This list went on.

In the end, I served 500 hours of community service, had my Camaro impounded for a month and then lost my license until 1996.

You know the fucked up part....

I would love to do it just one more time.
    Last edited by DjfunkmasterG; 22-Sep-2009 at 10:57 AM.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*