Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: He's making a remake of his own remake

United States
    My head is spinning...

Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    lol - and the Facebook movie is being directed by DAVID FINCHER - I was flabbergasted with confusion over that one.
    That reminds me, following the success of Transformers & GI Joe, they are now doing a series of movies based on boardgames. Coming soon we have Monopoly, Battleship, & Candy Land the movies...
    Last edited by MoonSylver; 25-Sep-2009 at 01:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

United States
    facebook movies? board game movies? what the hell is wrong with hollywood?!?! yojimbo, do me a favor and go down the road and bitch-smack some sense into those uninspired unoriginal fucks...

EDIT: is it april fool's already? this seriously can't be what the film industry is coming to these days....
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 25-Sep-2009 at 02:00 AM.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    See, now... Candy Land actually would make a good kid's movie... you know, cartoon like Care Bears movie, or whatever. But Monopoly? How the hell do you get a plotline from that? Didn't Michael Moore already do it, anyway? Colbert's reading of the Battleship script with Goldblum was amazing. It might be up on his website...

Undisclosed
    David Cronenberg is said to be developing a remake of his 1986 sci-fi horror classic The Fly

I heard yesterday Justin Timberlake is starring in "Facebook:the movie"

and the Facebook movie is being directed by DAVID FINCHER
    Was the purpose of this thread to make me scream?

Oooooh, I'm Dying!

Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    And if the gods smile down upon us the next will be Dawn of the dead.
    Oh it's happening, but it will be a remake of a remake and instead of Dawn of the Dead, it's called "Plan 9."

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Since we're talking about remakes.....I've just read that there is currently a remake of A Star Is Born in the works. This would make it the THIRD remake. Meaning this will be the fourth version of the same film.

Good god....

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Since we're talking about remakes.....I've just read that there is currently a remake of A Star Is Born in the works. This would make it the THIRD remake. Meaning this will be the fourth version of the same film.

Good god....

And for some dumb ass reason there are millions of people out there that will pay to see it.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Dying

Undisclosed
    You have to think he knows, sooner or later, this is going to be remade so why not do it himself in a completely different style. He's too smart to think he could top his first one.
    Who knows, maybe it will be a satire on the remakemania fad that has plagued Hollywood's output this decade.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

YO DAWG I HERD YOU LEIKS REMAKES, SO I PUT A REMAKE ON YOUR REMAKE SO YOU CAN WATCH WHILE YOU WATCH

-a challenger appears!!!!!

-YO IMMA LET YOU FINISH BUT THE ORIGINAL FLY WAS THE BEST YO!

BY THERE POWERS COMBINED!!!!

OH GOD!!, WHAT HAVE I DONE!?!?!!!!11!!!ONEONE!!!!

-i have faith in the guy, he mad the best body horror flick ever.

p.s, sorry for that, it will never happen again.

United States

"Yo, Hellsing, Imma let you finish, but this is the best thread reply ever!"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    the gets have open, the kanye meme is loose on the boards, WHAT HAVE THESE CARELESS HANDS WROUGHT?!?

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    the gets have open, the kanye meme is loose on the boards, WHAT HAVE THESE CARELESS HANDS WROUGHT?!?
    It's a plague of Kanye memes! It's like futhermocking West of the Dead up in this bitch.

Dying

Undisclosed

Universal to remake 'Videodrome'

This is old news, but I don't think anyone has posted about it.

LONG LIVE THE OLD FLESH!

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...&cs=1&nid=2562

Universal Pictures will remake the 1983 David Cronenberg-directed thriller Videodrome," with Ehren Kruger set to write the script and produce with partner Daniel Bobker.
    The producers tracked down the rights to Canadian distribution vet Rene Malo, who will be exec producer. Universal distributed the original and had first refusal on a remake, and the studio snapped up the opportunity.

The original "Videodrome" starred James Woods as the head of Civic TV Channel 83, who makes his station relevant by programming "Videodrome," a series that depicts torture and murder that transfixes viewers.

The new picture will modernize the concept, infuse it with the possibilities of nano-technology and blow it up into a large-scale sci-fi action thriller.

Cronenberg has no role in the film as yet. He is prepping for MGM "The Matarese Circle" as a starring vehicle for Tom Cruise and Denzel Washington. Since Cruise appears likely to next star in the DreamWorks drama "Motorcade" and Washington has committed to the Fox drama "Unstoppable," "Circle" doesn't appear likely to get under way until later this year or 2010.

Bobker/Kruger Films recently set the thriller "Dream House" at Morgan Creek and is producing, with Matthew Stillman, "The Keep" for Rogue. Kruger co-wrote the June 24 Paramount/DreamWorks release "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" with Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman.

Super Moderator

UK
    So basically it'll be "Intarwebz-drome" with a bunch of shit blowing up?

Seriously - the only reason to re-do or remake something is because you buggered it up originally. In actuality, the vast majority of these remakes are of films that got it spot-on in the first place - so motherfuckin' LEAVE THEM BE!

Remake something shit, like Drive-In Massacre!

These remakes also take films that are so entrenched in the time and context in which they were made - they take the idea, remove it entirely from the context, and then it becomes meaningless.

Somebody slotting a DVD into Ashton Kutcher's belly slit, or plugging their USB stick into Zac Efron's bumhole is just gonna be lame as all hell.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    oh god, it occurs to em were at most 2 years away from a blue velvet remake starring rupert grint!

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by major jay View Post
    The new picture will modernize the concept, infuse it with the possibilities of nano-technology and blow it up into a large-scale sci-fi action thriller.
    [/I][/COLOR]
    Nano-technology? Really?

If they intend on using nano-technology to give the Videodrome remake a neat and tidy "explaination", then they have already failed. In the original it was left entirely up to the viewer to decide whether the changes undergone by James Woods existed only in his tortured imagination, or whether they were hallucinations caused by a tumour in his brain (and whether or not that tumour was created by the Videodrome signal), or whether he really was mutating. That was the whole point of the film - that dreamlike logic, the struggle to differentiate reality from unreality; the character was confued and so were we, as viewers. Break that, and the whole concept falls flat.