Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crackdown 2 Details Revealed

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I loved the first one, but I grew extremely tired of the map. It's a shame the Crackdown 2 is the same map; they're losing me (and many others) as a potential sale.

Super Moderator

UK
    OMFG, now I remember what Gamezville was ... that shit on Sky One wasn't it?

God in heaven that was a terrible show, with a couple of right twats presenting it ... it's as face-chewingly shit as that Wayan's Brothers sitcom.

When Games Attack, however, was awesome - I was gutted when they only did the one series. I mean why?! At the very least Bravo continued GamerTV, and then did Player ... but now they've gotten shot of that it seems (although it seems to be continuing on Sky 157 I think???) and replaced it with some shit I don't remember the name of - it's like GamerTV or Player, but on a budget of 50p with terrible voice overs and nothing of interest to see...plus they keep telling you about games I've never heard of in the slightest bit.

When Games Attack needs bringing back I say, Diamond is great, and it was kick ass to see him back in a Gamesmaster-like show ... it even felt like a direct sequel to it in fact. It fitted the laddish vibe of Bravo just fine.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    At the very least Bravo continued GamerTV, and then did Player...
    I do watch Playr because it does have a lot of game footage but man is it soulless.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    I do watch Playr because it does have a lot of game footage but man is it soulless.
    Is it still going on that Sky 157? Bravo seems to have gotten shot of it.

Yeah, I want When Games Attack to return - just watching that clip reminded why it was so good. It would cover new games, but it would also have plenty of weekly features that would cover Top 5 'this that or the other', or the two fighting teddy bears face-off thing was great, and so on.

capncnut
    It was on all last week. Double episodes at 7am.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Youze two need to get your own show like Gamezville or summat.
    You heard it here first people !

I too loved Crackdown - although the battling criminal gangs in each of the 3 areas, each one being about 7 levels of gang areas, became repetitive, very quickly.

Also, the driving in the game was fucking useless, and you couldn't help but run over people, which got the cops pissed at you (utterly daft), so I just free-ran everywhere instead (which was insanely FUN!)

That said, I still loved the first game, and I'll deffo be there for the sequel.

Imo, the main reason for making a sequel is to iron out what was wrong with the first name, build upon what worked and freshen up the graphics. If they do that it should be a kick ass game.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    wtf is this Sky 157 you keep talking about? I been working with Sky One for 10 years and have never heard of that!!!!

And yeah, the game show they showed was atrocious...it was an acquisition.
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Super Moderator

UK
    Sky channel 157 ... the one before/below Sky channel 158 (which is "Dave Ja Vu", or Dave+1).

Super Moderator

UK
    A couple of short gameplay videos:

Fun with monsters and hand-to-hand combat...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCdqZ_J27jc

Fun with gas canasters...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftRajijS2YY

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I must admit - those gas canisters looked mighty fun, but I don't think that plus monsters is enough to sell me on a full-priced game within the same city. Coulda just had it as DLC for the first one.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    if it has more missions im game, its already got a much more in your face plot so im excited.

Though at the end of the first the agency took a very dark twist, or was that just me?, it made it out to be that you were just the 4th gang taking over to form an island wide tryanny.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    if it has more missions im game, its already got a much more in your face plot so im excited.

Though at the end of the first the agency took a very dark twist, or was that just me?, it made it out to be that you were just the 4th gang taking over to form an island wide tryanny.
    Indeed yes, it was a dark ending ... so I wonder how that gets carried on from...

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Indeed yes, it was a dark ending ... so I wonder how that gets carried on from...

not really a god way to get around maniacal laughter is there