Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: well, i thought i had a convert...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    Think about the shot where Ben clubs the zombie in the doorway, and as it falls away it reveals three more emerging from the darkness behind it.
    I think that is one of the best shots ever captured on film! Glad to see others noticed it as well.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly_SWAT View Post
    I think that is one of the best shots ever captured on film! Glad to see others noticed it as well.
    While that particular sequence did not make the movie per se it certainly established a hopeless feeling of impending doom.

While I understand why Mike's friend laughed at Dawn due to its lack of "slickness" I also vividly recall my first viewing of the film when it premiered on the big screen. This was in the late 70s, of course, and movie goers had yet to become jaded with all of today's dazzling SFX and digital clarity.

No one laughed at the movie. In fact quite early on people were getting up and walking out of the theater -- not because they thought the movie sucked. They could not handle the gore. Heck, when Wooley blew that dude's head to pieces half a dozen got up and walked out (probably scarred for life lol).

Despite its limitations and flaws I believe Dawn set the high bar for every subsequent horror film. It is definitely a classic and should be viewed as such.

-stray-

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    no accounting for lack of taste eh?!

who the fuck are phish?
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.