Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 26 images from Survival of the Dead...

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Zombie children - great. The zombie kids in dawn moved a little quicker. I wonder if these lil' bast#rds are gonna be quick on their feet.

Zombie kids seriously are creepy.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by John Savoie View Post
    Zombie children - great. The zombie kids in dawn moved a little quicker. I wonder if these lil' bast#rds are gonna be quick on their feet.

Zombie kids seriously are creepy.
    Although to be fair, the kids being quicker was most likely because they were kids, who aren't actors, who were just having a good old goof around when they were asked to be on camera. They'll do their own thing probably, and as a result, they're not so consistent with the other zombies played by adults who'll take direction.

That's my theory anyway.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

But that would mean actual continuity in his films!!

I agree with MZ but the onus is still on GAr to say "that's not how zombies move kids, try it this way." That's what directors are supposed to do. Direct.

The film is supposed to prtray his vison and I seriously doubt he ever visualized it being done that way.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Pure speculation, but I wonder if zombie children are supposed to move a little quicker.

Should be interesting to see how these ones are portrayed. It also brings up a good dilemma. Do you shoot kids? Even if they are zombies? Or does that cross the line? (from a characters point of view).

Super Moderator

UK
    Pure speculation, but I wonder if zombie children are supposed to move a little quicker.

Should be interesting to see how these ones are portrayed. It also brings up a good dilemma. Do you shoot kids? Even if they are zombies? Or does that cross the line? (from a characters point of view).
    In my view, a zombie is a zombie - they need shooting - it just makes it all the more grim if they're a kiddy-zee, you know?

Also, I'd wager in an element of indie filmmaking time constraint into the children zombies in Dawn, as well as even how long they had the kids for. Not all kids are good at taking direction though, and it's more likely that they're not very directable as they were a niece and nephew of Savini or something, right? In other words, not professional child actors.

The crew might have also wanted to just get it over and done with quickly - it's a grim subject matter, and they wouldn't want to freak the kids out either.

United States
    So who did the F/X this time around? Nicotero? Not sure if KNB's around these days. Did they break up? I'd love to see Tom come back and grace us with his mastery again. Maybe there saving that for the last and final Dead Hurrahh.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by jded View Post
    So who did the F/X this time around? Nicotero? Not sure if KNB's around these days. Did they break up? I'd love to see Tom come back and grace us with his mastery again. Maybe there saving that for the last and final Dead Hurrahh.
    Greg is listed as special makeup effects producer on the film. As for KNB they are still around:

http://www.imdb.com/company/co0015640/

http://www.knbefxgroup.com/

But only Nicotero & Berger are still with the company. Kurtzman left in 2002.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Kurtzman

United States
    Thank you for the links MoonSylver. KNB sounds much better than NB, but Nicotero/Berger has a nice ring to it. Guess they left the original name alone and kept it friendly.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by jded View Post
    Thank you for the links MoonSylver. KNB sounds much better than NB, but Nicotero/Berger has a nice ring to it. Guess they left the original name alone and kept it friendly.
    Although "Nicotero/Berger" - when just saying it out loud - kinda sounds like some special "this week only" McDonald's burger offer or something.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Although "Nicotero/Berger" - when just saying it out loud - kinda sounds like some special "this week only" McDonald's burger offer or something.
    Yeah your right it does kinda sound like a new menu item if you say it the right way. I think you'd have more luck finding it at a fancy shmansy California bistro though. Probably in San Fran, serving it up with truffles, arugula, and peppery tarragon mayonnaise. Cost? Only $32 smackers. And Greg suggests ordering it bloody rare with look alike finger fries and guts galore fry sauce for $10 more. Naahhh! Greg wouldn't be into that kinda thing. You think?