Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Doctors Had to Let Woman Die

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    See this is what I am seeking. Here in the US a lot of breakfast foods are sweet, almost sickenly so. Pancakes, waffles, sweet rolls, a lot of the boxed cereals, all much to sweet for me in the morning. Havin heard of the savory, salty and mineral goodness of Vegimite/Marmite, I think that I would prefer this with my morning coffee to the sweet crap.
    Bang on, Jimbo. Marmite on toast goes hand in hand with coffee. Twins. Like horse and cart.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    in 3 pages weve gone from "assisted suicide" to "marmite love it or hate it?"

This is why this is my homepage

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by strayrider View Post
    I have a gut feeling that this woman's calling for an ambulance was a sub-conscious call for help. It doesn't matter what she wrote. She did not really want to die. After all, you go to a hospital because you want to live.

Right?

Ultimately there should be some sort of regulation about this. If you attempt suicide, then call for help (regardless of the reason) you give up your right to self-determination simply because you have now gotten someone else involved. You don't call people whose profession involves saving lives and then instruct them to do nothing so that you can die comfortable. That is insane (and insane people cannot make wise self-determination choices).

-stray-
    Agree with pretty much everything you said

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

I think we should have an aid-relief for our American buddies who can't get Marmite...we can send packages with the red cross on it etc...

Seriously I couldn't imagine eating sweet syrup laced pancakes for breakfast....gotta be savoury!!
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

United States
    As both a Medic in the Army and an EMT in the streets I can tell you...

You respect a DNR, if they have a copy of a DNR on them, or in the system that is current. You do not under any circumstance short of Moses coming down and parting the document with a stream of firey piss attempt to resusiate.

It's not an easy thing to, but you just have to do it. Breaking a DNR you can loose not only your cert, but also be sued to hell for it as well. Don't forget that the majority of them are for wittle old ladies from weningrad who have 3 different types of cancer and have already had 3 broken ribs from chest compressions in the past.
    Last edited by Exatreides; 07-Oct-2009 at 04:12 PM.
    "if wishs were fishes we'd all cast nets" - Gurney Hallack