View Poll Results: What did you think of Zombieland?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • It was awesome! Gimme a twinkie!

9 45.00%
  • Good, just not great.

7 35.00%
  • Only middle of the road.

2 10.00%
  • At least it was better than Day of the Dead 2.

2 10.00%
  • Rule number 1, dont see this movie.

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zombieland - Poll

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Rausch View Post
    They weren't dead though. They were like the infected from 28 Days Later like I mentioned in my post.
    That's what I was thinking. The line goes something like, "It's the mad cow disease for a new age. Ya know....except for humans. It starts with a fever, then your brain swells, puss flows from your mouth, and you get a really big case of the munchies."

They really LOOK dead but it's never addressed outside of that quote. Plus....I think 406 was acting awefully strange to be dead. She moved more like she remembered Columbus but still wanted to eat him.
    Last edited by bassman; 08-Oct-2009 at 12:04 PM.

United States
    promised my new ladyfriend i'd wait to see this with her, and tomorrow i'll finally get around to checking this out. from what i've read here, i'm pretty excited about it. will vote in the poll after the weekend.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    ^^ same here except you've given me the idea to take the fiancee to go see it...
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

United States
    I liked it.

The nerdy character was a great paradigm shift from the cliche zombie survivalist. His rules of survival made as much sense as any non-comedy zombie movie has yet to offer, yet the way they were reinforced throughout the movie was hilarious.

Woody was pure awesomeness. Quirky and hilarious, yet approachable and real. Not too over the top. Yet a total badass.

The cameo was good, but I think they missed some obvious awesomeness in it.

Detractions? Yeah, a few... There were not enough zombies. And there were areas of plot that just were wtf.

The movie has one remarkable thing going for it (similar to Shawn of the Dead) - it took the zombie apocalpyse/survival thing seriously enough to be a contender outside of a comedy film.

It's worth it.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    I liked it.

The nerdy character was a great paradigm shift from the cliche zombie survivalist. His rules of survival made as much sense as any non-comedy zombie movie has yet to offer, yet the way they were reinforced throughout the movie was hilarious.

Woody was pure awesomeness. Quirky and hilarious, yet approachable and real. Not too over the top. Yet a total badass.

The cameo was good, but I think they missed some obvious awesomeness in it.

Detractions? Yeah, a few... There were not enough zombies. And there were areas of plot that just were wtf.

The movie has one remarkable thing going for it (similar to Shawn of the Dead) - it took the zombie apocalpyse/survival thing seriously enough to be a contender outside of a comedy film.

It's worth it.
    Great summation of the high points and acknowledgment of the areas of weakness. This is also the first real parallel I've seen someone draw between this film and Shaun that made absolute sense to me.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    I feel differently. Zombieland is a straight up comedy with zombies tossed in there. Shaun however feels like a zombie movie with comedy tossed in. I suppose it's because I felt that the characters in Shaun were in real danger. In Zombieland there was never any sense of danger. Almost like the zombies were an after thought and possed no real threat.

Oh well. Different strokes for different folks and all that.
    Last edited by bassman; 08-Oct-2009 at 05:20 PM.

United States
    Yeah, I gotta admit - that viewpoint surprises me.

Shaun seemed more like the comedy to me than Zombieland. The charactes themselves seemed more serious in Zombieland and the zombies never broke character for gags like they did in Shaun. In both movies the characters never seemed to be in danger until the final scene.

I felt like the Zombieland world was the exact right amount of dangerous. They did a good job of depicting how anyone could survive with some thought and diligence, but how one misstep could spell disaster. The crisis had in many ways died down as the population dwindled - I don't think it was intended to be as dangerous a world as say 28 Days or Dawn Remake. If the world had been more dangerous either the plot or plausibility would've suffered, imo.

But, you know, that's the fun of hearing varied opinions.