Thread: Zombie special tonight

United States

Zombie special tonight

I saw a commercial this morning. They specifically mentioned Night and showed a clip of Romero talking about it. It could be interesting, I thought I'd let you all know, in case you were unaware of it.

It's on Starz at 10 pm (EST).

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Awesome. Nice looking out.

It's also gonna have Savini and Max Brooks. Here's a link to the Starz Page: http://www.starz.com/titles/starzinsidezombiemania

Synopsis: The evolution of the movie zombie - from early films to its present role as a pop culture icon. Why does something so dead have so much life in our nightmares and at the box office? A Starz Originals production.
    Also note that in the related section there is another doc about make up effects called Fantastic Flesh . Airing Dec 9. These Starz Inside docs are generally pretty good, too. I remember thoroughly enjoying the one on Pixar.
    Last edited by bassman; 13-Oct-2009 at 03:20 PM.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by sandrock74 View Post
    It's on Starz at 10 pm (EST).
    Yeah I see it. If it's the one your talking about? I see one on STZw and STZe under Starz Inside titled "Zombiemania" (2009) Exploring the popularity of zombie films.
    For me here in Idaho it airs at 8 pm and again at 10:45 pm on STZe and 11 pm on STZw.

Dammit! That's part of Directv's pay channels. I don't get them. Maybe someone could find a way to upload them here at the forums. Peace!
    "You stick your head in the sun, they're gonna come up behind you and bite off your ass."

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Recorded it on my DVR last night, watched some of it before I went to bed. Mostly a re-hash of everything we have seen Romero and company talk about in past extras and special features from other DVD's.

Some of the newer stuff from Max Brooks and other guests was quite interesting, however, they did put footage in the special from Day of the Dead 2: Craptagium
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I thought it was pretty cool. A bunch of stuff I already knew, but also some cool tidbits from Max Brooks and co. Mostly a love letter to Romero.

Overall I quite enjoyed it and will probably watch again. Worth a watch for any fan.

Craptagium.

And everyone on the show talked shit about running zombies.
    Last edited by bassman; 14-Oct-2009 at 01:11 PM.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    That was great! I was laughing about that. It seems to be a universally panned "upgrade" to the zombie genre.

Undisclosed
    That was great! I was laughing about that. It seems to be a universally panned "upgrade" to the zombie genre.
    It doesn't make any sense. Even if you dislike "fast moving" zombies, once you make a documentary on the genre, you can't pretend that it hasn't had an impact. Nobody is interested in interviewing Zack Snyder or Zombieland's director about this stuff?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post
    It doesn't make any sense. Even if you dislike "fast moving" zombies, once you make a documentary on the genre, you can't pretend that it hasn't had an impact. Nobody is interested in interviewing Zack Snyder or Zombieland's director about this stuff?
    It just happened that the people being interviewed didn't like running zombies. The only one that didn't answer was Boyd because he was in both Dawn04 and Land.

But the documentary didn't pretend like running zombies haven't made an impact. There was plenty of discussion about Dawn04, Return, 28 Days(although NOT a zombie film), and even Contagium. Snyder wasn't interviewed, but I would imagine they approached him for it. And the doc was made before Zombieland....so that couldn't have been in it.

Undisclosed
    But the documentary didn't pretend like running zombies haven't made an impact. There was plenty of discussion about Dawn04, Return, 28 Days(although NOT a zombie film), and even Contagium.
    Ah, gotcha.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I thought it was pretty cool. A bunch of stuff I already knew, but also some cool tidbits from Max Brooks and co. Mostly a love letter to Romero.

Overall I quite enjoyed it and will probably watch again. Worth a watch for any fan.

Craptagium.

Funny thing is the CHICK from Rue Morgue had no room to talk shit as she was a zombie in the DAWN remake. How can you be in the remake, know they had running zombies and then go talk shit about it. Kind of hypocritical
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Savini is guilty too. And his scene from Dawn04 was shown on the documentary. I also got the impression that the butcher didn't like the runners but didn't want to insult Snyder.

You could be a part of something and not agree with it. You above all people should know this, dj. You were in Land....but do you like it?

ViP

United States
    I just came across this on OnDemand. I'm warming up my DVD Recorder now

Undisclosed
    I also got the impression that the butcher didn't like the runners
    Now there's a sentence you don't see everyday.

You could be a part of something and not agree with it. You above all people should know this, dj. You were in Land....but do you like it?
    Ha, a great example of being careful what you wish for. Thousands of fans pining to be a zombie extra in a Romero film--any of them ever stop to think "what if the movie sucks?"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DubiousComforts View Post

Ha, a great example of being careful what you wish for. Thousands of fans pining to be a zombie extra in a Romero film--any of them ever stop to think "what if the movie sucks?"

They blame it on a howling on a holwing zombie, naturally.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"