View Poll Results: Land VS Diary - what's your view?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Land = YAY! / Diary = YAY!

20 25.00%
  • Land = meh... / Diary = meh...

12 15.00%
  • Land = BOO! / Diary = BOO!

1 1.25%
  • Land = YAY! / Diary = BOO!

7 8.75%
  • Land = BOO! / Diary = YAY!

4 5.00%
  • Land = YAY! / Diary = meh...

10 12.50%
  • Land = meh... / Diary = YAY!

11 13.75%
  • Land = BOO! / Diary = meh...

3 3.75%
  • Land = meh... / Diary = BOO!

12 15.00%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Land VS Diary - the poll...

Super Moderator

United States
    Goddamn, this poll got a good number of respondents.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Goddamn, this poll got a good number of respondents.
    Indeed, and the "double yay" is the biggest single category by a clear mile.

United States
    Indeed, big response.

Land got: 37 yays, 33 mehs, and 8 boos.
    Diary had: 34 yays, 25 mehs, and 19 boos.

Land was obviously better received that Diary. But neither movie had a really overwhelming support from the fans.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by JDFP View Post
    I'm with JDED on this one.

I really enjoyed DIARY, thought it was an entertaining flick and still enjoy it to this day. Is it anything great like the original trilogy? No. But, I still find it to be entertaining with some great insight into it on our society and culture today as well. Plus, it's fun to watch. I dig the professor especially.

LAND just never really interested me. I saw both LAND and DIARY in the theatre. With LAND I left feeling really upset and disappointed expecting it to be up there with the rest of the original trilogy and it was clearly not. There are part of it I really enjoy, but for me it has always been the weakest of the series. I just don't really get into it at all. Every now and then I'll give it a watching, but overall it just leaves me disappointed. I can't stand "Big Daddy" either, he just annoys me to no end. Bub could have kicked his ass.

DIARY, on the other hand, I've watched multiple times and really enjoy it every time. I especially like the "private recordings" in the special features and wish some of these "private recordings" could have been included in a director's cut of the film. With DIARY I'd like to see what all happened to these characters after the panic room -- did they escape? Where did they go? What happened next? I was interested in them and their situation, but with LAND I just didn't really care that much for any of the characters.

If I had to rank the flicks (Not yet including SURVIVAL), I'd have to rank them thus:

1.) DAY
    2.) DAWN
    3.) NIGHT '68
    4.) DIARY
    5.) LAND
    and at the bottom of perhaps every movie I've ever seen including the craptacular CHILDREN OF THE LIVING DEAD would be NOTLD 30th Anniversary which was a complete and utter kick in the face to all of us.

j.p.

I would stick the night remake in there right after the original, imo. And Return of the living dead just to fuck with Bassman.

But what you said about diary and LOTD pretty much encapsulate my feelings as well.

Also, (not being sarcastic here) If you've been paying attention to his dead films the last 40 years, GAr has always left us on a cliff hanger or the fate of the protagonists unresolved so there's nothing unusual there.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by clanglee View Post
    Indeed, big response.

Land got: 37 yays, 33 mehs, and 8 boos.
    Diary had: 34 yays, 25 mehs, and 19 boos.

Land was obviously better received that Diary. But neither movie had a really overwhelming support from the fans.
    True - however, the "meh" votes can pretty much be split down the middle and a half given to each side. For example, I voted "meh" for Diary, but I'm still on the side of liking it (likewise, some folk would be vice versa) - but for sake of argument, a clean split down the middle on the "meh" votes would mean:

Land: 53.5 for it // 24.5 against it
    Diary: 46.5 for it // 31.5 against it

United States
    I think it'd be interesting to see the same poll with Night & Day just to see how the originals stack up. I think we can can assume doing a poll with Dawn is unnecessary.

I actually liked the characters in Land. I thought the big name actors in Land were good. They didn't distract me from the roles they played at all. I actually liked the characters in Land quite a bit. I would've loved them if they'd been just a bit more clear in their actions/motivations. I felt like some of the better character had some confusion about what they were doing and why.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    I think it'd be interesting to see the same poll with Night & Day just to see how the originals stack up. I think we can can assume doing a poll with Dawn is unnecessary.
    I would also like to see a poll on which is the favorite of the original trilogy. It will still probably be the same as it used to be, but it could be interesting...

United States
    I want to see the Yay vs. Meh split. See if it is in any way similar to what we saw with Land.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I would also like to see a poll on which is the favorite of the original trilogy. It will still probably be the same as it used to be, but it could be interesting...
    ask and ye shall receive. i'll set one up.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post
    ask and ye shall receive. i'll set one up.
    I'm glad you'll do it, it bent my mind doing this one and making sure I had all the bases covered.