Thread: S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow of Chenobyl £3:50 on steam till Nov. 2nd!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow of Chenobyl £3:50 on steam till Nov. 2nd!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/4500/

That's 5 bucks for you folken across the pond. hard as fuck, but totally worth like half a cinema ticket.

Canada
    Been meaning to pick this up, looks fun, but I keep reading that it is buggy as shit.

England
    Its a good game! When I first bought it I couldnt get into it so it sat on my shelf for a year, then when I was off work after my operation earlier this year I sat & played it & really got into it! I almost completed it but then had to go back to work & ArmA 2 came out shortly after so I havent played it since, definitely worth £3.50 though!

Super Moderator

UK
    I love that game. The follow-up stand-alone wasn't as good though. We'll see about Call of Pripyat when that comes out...but Shadow of Chernobyl is totally cool.

It does have some bugs, but it's also got a bunch of patches, so it's now in a good state, so there's no reason not to. And if you find it too hard, there's a million trainers out there for it that you can use.

While Fallout 3 gets the fps/rpg combo spot-on, STALKER has the best atmosphere of any game I've ever played.

Canada
    Well, downloading now, so we'll see how it is. 5 bucks for a game? can't go wrong I suppose.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    While Fallout 3 gets the fps/rpg combo spot-on, STALKER has the best atmosphere of any game I've ever played.
    Absolutely. I agree, 100%. Nothing beats the atmosphere of the STALKER games. I don't mind Clear Sky. It's not the masterpiece that Shadow of Chernobyl is, and it's alot tougher. Much harder. And has some nifty new features, like artifacts are harder to find and the upgrading weapons systems. Also the factions are more balanced and more fun to join in Clear Sky. But I digress... Shadow of Chernobyl? It's the most fun you'll ever get from five bucks.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Absolutely. I agree, 100%. Nothing beats the atmosphere of the STALKER games. I don't mind Clear Sky. It's not the masterpiece that Shadow of Chernobyl is, and it's alot tougher. Much harder. And has some nifty new features, like artifacts are harder to find and the upgrading weapons systems. Also the factions are more balanced and more fun to join in Clear Sky. But I digress... Shadow of Chernobyl? It's the most fun you'll ever get from five bucks.
    Plus, I was shitting myself in the underground labs dotted around the place. The story surrounding them, the plot of the game, and the atmosphere of the whole deal just wigged me out whenever I had to venture into those underground areas.

But I kept going back for more, and unwisely played before going to bed several times.

Clear Sky was a mixture really, it refined some elements, but ballsed other elements up (like the ludicrously hard enemies) ... plus the last couple of areas were naff by comparison. You didn't get much chance at all to explore the quite linear town, which was clearly taking place as 'the new Pripyat' for Clear Sky, and the bit at Chernobyl NPP was pish too by comparison to Shadow of Chernobyl.

You can't go wrong though with Shadow of Chernobyl for £3.50 though. Dizamn!

I got it on-the-day for £18, and I played it through like 4 times, so I got my money's worth.