Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: So what would you realistically do if the dead walked?

United States
    Damn, just damn, this has gotten entertaining...

When I first posted this thread, I never realized how interesting and just plain out fun this thread would become. Here's some thoughts I have...

If the proverbial shit ever hit the fan, my first stop would be to my vodka-drinking Khe-Sanh surviving Vietnam vet Kenny's place (he lives three apartment buildings over from mine). The man is ready for WW3 (and as scary as it sounds, would welcome it with an opening of a new bottle of Vodka) with a great big grin. The apartment complex I live in is really entertaining, we're all a bunch of Southern rednecks with just enough class and distinction (and far too much gun knowledge) to ever mess with as a whole. Kenny lived through absolute Hell in Khe-Sanh, but he's a man I truly respect who isn't worried about anything except the IRS in this life (grin).

The worst thing I've ever had to deal with here is coming home in the summer to find someone who lives in the apartment building across from me saying, as he is sleeping on my steps: "Ah, man, I'm sorry, I thought this was mine, do you want a beer?" People here know each other, while we may mess around and get drunk and do stupid shit, we respect each other as well and look out for one another. That's something to be said about Tennesseans.

I have no doubt that I probably wouldn't make it long. In all honesty, most of us probably wouldn't make it long, but that doesn't mean we wouldn't pull a "Mother-F'er, you just messed with America!!!" and kick some zombie ass while we could. We'd do what we could while we could.

Seriously though, I think that if the Zombie Apoc. ever came into being, America (if not everywhere) would get their "stuff" together as a nation and do what is necessary -- at least in the south of the U.S. You can mess around with some folks, but you don't want to mess around with pissed off Southerners who want their 5 A.M coffee at Waffle House and a couple pitchers of beer at their joint that evening while listening to some local bands bringing you "Lynyrd Skynyrd". Messing with that, well that's a remedy for death right there.

In all honesty, I'm going to say I'd probably eventually end up doing what I originally said I'd do. I'd get a couple of twelve packs of Budweisers, get a few packs of non-filtered Pall Mall's, and just say; "Eh, screw it!" and drink myself into oblivion.

Zombies or no zombies, I wouldn't be surprised if the morning after I'd wake up to find some good ol' boys with a ton of Stainless Banners on turned over cars screaming: "HELL YEAH'S!!!" while loading up their (not so legal) Kalashnikov's and M-16's listening to Rob Zombie from battery-powered speakers. And even if I go out dead in the long run, well, damn, at least that's going out in some class...

Yep, we'd all probably end up dead in the long run, but at least we'd go out fighting, and I can guarantee you the folks around these parts (including me) would go out taking more of those ghoul's out than they would end up taking out from us locals.

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

Super Moderator

United States
    Dear Jesus,

For the good of my friends on this message board, please, when you send the inevitable zombie apocalypse to overtake the earth and winnow the wheat from the chaff, don't make the zombies bulletproof.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Great Britain
    Probably get my left foot partly eaten, become a zombie and spend eternity walking round in ever increasing circles.

Undisclosed

Honestly.........

I would lock myself in the house and probably die of hunger or just hope I fall asleep and never wake up, I really don't think I could go out and defend myself, but then again who knows how one will react in a situation like that, really think about it, might just be that the will to live might make the weak strong and also the situation might make the strongest person a wimp.
    It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Dear Jesus,

For the good of my friends on this message board, please, when you send the inevitable zombie apocalypse to overtake the earth and winnow the wheat from the chaff, don't make the zombies bulletproof.

You got it buddy!!!
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Canada
    I say we all join forces and form an elite team of zombie killing mercenaries..well, except for me..sure is lonely up here....

United States
    I would like to think that i would be smart, that i would plan everything carefully. In reality, i have friends in the bigger cities nearby that i would be reckless enough to go after. And would most likely end up as zombie food or bullet riddled real quick like after a poorly planned effort to find them.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    im fairly sure we'd be the most prepared people on the planet cuz for one we'd take it serious, and two, we'd know what to do to avoid getting eaten. so there'd be a shitload of wal mart's and sams clubs and malls with semi trucks guarding the doors. i just pray im with the person i like a lot in case this happens.