Thread: A Gift for Trin - and anyone else who wants to look

United States

A Gift for Trin - and anyone else who wants to look

Well, I never heard from you that you had downloaded Firefox, so I started messing around with the map to see if I could get it to display right with internet explorer. I wasnt able to, so I had to make a separate page with each individual pic only on it, with a size command on that page, then have the link point to that page rather than being able to just have in link to where I have the pics uploaded. In any even, it works now with both Firefox AND I.E. I did not check any other browsers, so if someone here uses a different one, feel free to let me know if the pictures seems to display properly or not for you.

Here is the link to the Clickable Day of the Dead Landing Area Map
    Last edited by Philly_SWAT; 09-Nov-2009 at 05:00 AM.

Super Moderator

United States
    Philly, I don't know if you're a madman or a genius!

Well done

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Wow. That's fantastic. The length & width proportions are really different than what I expected.

I'm going with madman AND genius.

Thanks so much!! This should be part of the Day of the Dead bonus materials on the DVD.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    Wow. That's fantastic. The length & width proportions are really different than what I expected.

I'm going with madman AND genius.

Thanks so much!! This should be part of the Day of the Dead bonus materials on the DVD.
    Yeah no problem, I was glad to do it. It forced me to learn a new skill, so that was a bonus! Not that the movie 'tried' to make that area look any shape in particular, but using only what you see in the movie as a guide, I always assumed it was more of a square shape rather than a long rectangle.

United States
    Yeah, I assumed a square shape too. And I always figured it was larger than it appeared on screen. I always assumed that they kept the shots tight to mask the fact that there's a ton of fenceline without any trace of zombies, whereas the tiny bit of fence they showed made it appear the place was ringed with a swarm of them.

United States
    Yeah, I assumed a square shape too. And I always figured it was larger than it appeared on screen. I always assumed that they kept the shots tight to mask the fact that there's a ton of fenceline without any trace of zombies, whereas the tiny bit of fence they showed made it appear the place was ringed with a swarm of them.
    A good assumption. I am not sure how well it shows up, but the perimeter is pretty much all surrounded by thick brush, except at the zombie fence and the entrance gate. Funny, if you looked at the page where I had some stills from the movie, you can see the gate behind Sarah, and there is nary a zombie to be seen.....

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    Philly, I don't know if you're a madman or a genius!

Well done
    Why do they have to be mutually exclusive?

Good work though. It's the next best thing to actually being there.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly_SWAT View Post
    A good assumption. I am not sure how well it shows up, but the perimeter is pretty much all surrounded by thick brush, except at the zombie fence and the entrance gate. Funny, if you looked at the page where I had some stills from the movie, you can see the gate behind Sarah, and there is nary a zombie to be seen.....
    As I literally frame-by-framed through several of the outdoor scenes I noticed how often we saw fenceline with no zombies. And yes, I saw the brush along most of it (which is hard to create in a game map, btw).

I also noticed that the gate area behind Sarah was left zombie-free, but my mind interpreted that as an area off-limits to the zombies since it had access to the inside of the base through the ladder. Pure filling in the blanks of course.

What I'd really love to tour is the inside of the caves. If you've ever really dug into the movie and attempted to lay out the inside of the base and caves, whew, it's frustrating. And I know that stuff was pieced together from sets and caves and not at all like it really is, but I'd still just like to SEE it.
    Last edited by Trin; 09-Nov-2009 at 06:29 PM.

United States
    As I literally frame-by-framed through several of the outdoor scenes I noticed how often we saw fenceline with no zombies. And yes, I saw the brush along most of it (which is hard to create in a game map, btw).

I also noticed that the gate area behind Sarah was left zombie-free, but my mind interpreted that as an area off-limits to the zombies since it had access to the inside of the base through the ladder. Pure filling in the blanks of course.

What I'd really love to tour is the inside of the caves. If you've ever really dug into the movie and attempted to lay out the inside of the base and caves, whew, it's frustrating. And I know that stuff was pieced together from sets and caves and not at all like it really is, but I'd still just like to SEE it.
    It was pretty cool to see the inside of the caves. I did not go very far inside, I got the impression that it was HUGE. I thought it was so cool (literally and figuratively) that when it was 90 degrees outside, as soon as I drove in the temp dropped to like 68 (might have been lower, I cant remember exactly), with no A/C in there, just a natural thing as it was underground.

United States
    We have a ton of caves around where I live. Underground businesses, storage, the works.

I used to store my boat in one of them. I loved going there to drop off/pick up.

The year I stopped using cave storage was when I bought my house. When I was house hunting I needed to figure out if my boat would fit in my new garage so I needed to go measure my boat. Rather than pull my boat out of storage they drove me back to my boat.

Wow. That was some experience. It looked just like the inside of Day. Some areas were well lit and painted. Others were dark and rough rock walls. The transition between the two was cool. It was like looking into the zombie pen through the dim and diminishing light. The place was a maze. And when we got to the storage area it was interesting because there were rows and rows of RVs and boats and stuff all packed in.

I asked the guy where they had "The Ritz" and he looked at me like I was crazy.

Is it crazy that I thought that would be a stupidly awesome place to work?
    Last edited by Trin; 11-Nov-2009 at 02:59 PM.

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    I'd consider moving to States for a job like that. You couldn't pick me up a job application form, could you?

United States
    I asked the guy where they had "The Ritz" and he looked at me like I was crazy.

LOL, I bet he thought you were crazy! And no, that is not crazy at all to think that would be an awesome place to work. I concur.

Quote Originally Posted by krakenslayer View Post
    I'd consider moving to States for a job like that. You couldn't pick me up a job application form, could you?
    Can't get you an application, but you could look around the site...

http://www.gatewaycc.com/