Thread: The Dark Hour / La Hora Frķa

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed

The Dark Hour / La Hora Frķa

This is a spanish horror- scifi film from 2006. It's set in an underground bunker after a horrible nuclear war that's destroyed most of mankind and left most of the survivors wandering zombies called the "Strangers".

Sounds cool, doesn't it? It is, really, but there's so much confusion going on. Apart from the zombies there are ALSO ghosts? Which freeze stuff? Anyway...

Spoiler alert!

Anyway, the film, while it had a great and awesome premise, was just too... Confusing. It felt as the first part of two, where everything was set up for a huge cliffhanger and then it was supposed to be explained in the sequel. Except there was never any plans for a sequel, ever. It's never explained why there are dangerous ghosts lurking around freezing stuff. It's never explained where the virus came from, really. Well, you think it's been explained until the final 10 seconds of the film and ALL explanations just get thrown out the window.

What was with that ending!? What does them being on the moon have to do with anything? I thought the destroyed earth was a nice touch, but does that mean it was Earth vs. The Moon? Or that the moon colony was independent from the nuclear war? And if so, where did the virus come from? And again, WHERE THE HELL DID THE GHOSTS COME FROM!?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    This is a spanish horror- scifi film from 2006. It's set in an underground bunker after a horrible nuclear war that's destroyed most of mankind and left most of the survivors wandering zombies called the "Strangers".

Sounds cool, doesn't it? It is, really, but there's so much confusion going on. Apart from the zombies there are ALSO ghosts? Which freeze stuff? Anyway...

Spoiler alert!

Anyway, the film, while it had a great and awesome premise, was just too... Confusing. It felt as the first part of two, where everything was set up for a huge cliffhanger and then it was supposed to be explained in the sequel. Except there was never any plans for a sequel, ever. It's never explained why there are dangerous ghosts lurking around freezing stuff. It's never explained where the virus came from, really. Well, you think it's been explained until the final 10 seconds of the film and ALL explanations just get thrown out the window.

What was with that ending!? What does them being on the moon have to do with anything? I thought the destroyed earth was a nice touch, but does that mean it was Earth vs. The Moon? Or that the moon colony was independent from the nuclear war? And if so, where did the virus come from? And again, WHERE THE HELL DID THE GHOSTS COME FROM!?

As one of the few/only hispanics here I felt an urge to say that the Dark hour translates into: La noche oscura.

La noche fria tranlates into: The cold night.

Is it vitally important? Probably not.

But in the interest of posterity i thought i would share.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Thank you for the correction! However, the original title for the film is La Hora Frķa (The Cold Hour), but the english title is for some unknown and stupid reason The Dark Hour. Once one has seen the film, The Cold Hour makes much more sense than The Dark Hour... But I digress... Maybe the guys who translated the title weren't that good at Spanish.