Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Religion/Occultism/Mysticism, etc.

United States
    Aren't the following just common sense (except for 7 and 11)?

The Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth

1. Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.
    2. Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.
    3. When in another’s home, show them respect or else do not go there.
    4. If a guest in your home annoys you, treat them cruelly and without mercy.
    5. Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal. (see sexual harrassment.)
    6. Do not take that which does not belong to you, unless it is a burden to the other person and they cry out to be relieved. (see stealing.)
    7. Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.
    8. Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.
    9. Do not harm young children.
    10. Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.
    11. When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them.

Rule #11 represents one of the 9 Satanic Sins:

1. Stupidity — The top of the list for Satanic Sins. The Cardinal Sin of Satanism...

It is unwise to "destroy" someone for bothering you. You'll wind up in prison and get poked in the bottom.

Of course you could always ask your potential "poker" to refer to Rule #5, unless you're in their cell (see Rule #3). Rule #4 only apples if they've come to your cell looking for some lovin'. At any rate, do not invoke Rule #8 because if you hadn't followed Rule #11 and committed the #1 Sin you wouldn't be in the situation to begin with ...

Now, about Rule #7.

-stray-

ps--At any rate, Jeff, I'm just funnin' (NOT making fun of) you. As a wise old guy preaching on the street corner once told me "You can believe what you want to believe!" Everything is valid. Whatever twists your cork screw.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    a religious threads made it 4 pages without flaming. this is the first sign of catnarok.

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    a religious threads made it 4 pages without flaming. this is the first sign of catnarok.
    Yes, it makes me want to cry... not out of joy but out of strangeness and fear.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by strayrider View Post
    11. When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them.[/I]

Rule #11 represents one of the 9 Satanic Sins:

1. Stupidity — The top of the list for Satanic Sins. The Cardinal Sin of Satanism...

It is unwise to "destroy" someone for bothering you. You'll wind up in prison and get poked in the bottom.
    Ever since I first did some research on Satanic shit years ago, I've always found that rule absolutely hilarious. Every time I read it, I chuckle.

While I appreciate a lot of the Satanic ethos, and write/listen to plenty of music that's all about Satan, I can not bring myself to be governed by any sort of religion. However, I do feel that Satanists have a more level headed look on a lot of topics Christians freak me out over; thus making it the only religion I have some sort of respect for, although very minimal.

However, the biggest attraction to Satanism is that when used in metal it freaks out "norms" and can cause the weak to have panic attacks.

Bring the black box to the altar
    Now raise your hands and do the sign
    All hail Satan, yes hail Satan
    Lay down your swords, the evil star

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    Ever since I first did some research on Satanic shit years ago, I've always found that rule absolutely hilarious. Every time I read it, I chuckle.
    Yes, I always envision Ming the Merciless, wild eyed and gesturing, bellowing: "DESTROY THEM!"

...which, if you've seen Anton LeVay, is really quite apt.

Super Moderator

United States
    I guess I don't have too many good things to say about Satanism as it's espoused nowadays. It's not so much the tenets that I take issue with, but the brand choice and unnecessary frippery that goes along with the tag satanism.

That said, if the world has room for Jedi adherents and practitioners of Scientology, why not Satanists? Though I prefer my satanists to be virgin-sacrificing plot devices.

Each to their own.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by strayrider View Post
    Aren't the following just common sense (except for 7 and 11)?

The Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth

1. Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.
    2. Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.
    3. When in another’s home, show them respect or else do not go there.
    4. If a guest in your home annoys you, treat them cruelly and without mercy.
    5. Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal. (see sexual harrassment.)
    6. Do not take that which does not belong to you, unless it is a burden to the other person and they cry out to be relieved. (see stealing.)
    7. Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.
    8. Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.
    9. Do not harm young children.
    10. Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.
    11. When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them.

most are both common sense and self evident as all hell. to set up a list of "rules" that are things that most 10 year olds understand is hardly a road map to live life by.

#4 makes me laugh like hell too. if a guest in your house annoys you, ask them to leave. treating annoying people "cruelly and without mercy" is ridiculous, impolite and hardly the way to win friends and influence people.

most these fall squarely in the realm of "no duh." #7 and #11 fall into the realm of WTF?

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post

Bring the black box to the altar
    Now raise your hands and do the sign
    All hail Satan, yes hail Satan
    Lay down your swords, the evil star
    it's a black funeral,
    she was a victim of my coven.

words from metal's favorite cartoon character.
    Last edited by Mike70; 25-Jan-2010 at 02:47 PM.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike70 View Post

words from metal's favorite cartoon character.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    ah! so that's what mrs. diamond looks like. i've always wondered.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."