Belsen Was a Gas...

...I heard the other day
    in the open graves
    where the Jews all lay

Life is fun
    and wish you were here
    was what they wrote on postcards
    to those held dear.

"Be a man, kill someone, kill yourself, be a man. Be someone, kill someone, be a man, kill yourself!"

Nice friendly lyrics.
    Last edited by capncnut; 12-Feb-2010 at 12:27 AM.

Nathalie
    Ohhh! I LOVE the Sex Pistols. My favorite band. Nice lyrics indeed, not offensive at all

capncnut
    Actually those lyrics are the only ones Sid Vicious wrote for the band. They are literally 85% his. It is controversial, and when the Pistols were told that the lyrics were offensive, they tried to shift it around the whole 'this is an anti-Nazi song, were detailing the horrors of living in a concentration camp'.

But take it however you like, the song fucking ROCKS!

Nathalie
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Actually those lyrics are the only ones Sid Vicious wrote for the band. They are literally 85% his. It is controversial, and when the Pistols were told that the lyrics were offensive, they tried to shift it around the whole 'this is an anti-Nazi song, were detailing the horrors of living in a concentration camp'.

But take it however you like, the song fucking ROCKS!
    I know it's a Sid song and anti-Nazi. But I don't think many people get that. Many people tend to get offensive when I play this song for them and on my School trip to Poland this song was a no-no
    Last edited by Nathalie; 13-Feb-2010 at 11:39 PM.

capncnut
    Well, when the Pistols played it on their 2007 tour, they renamed it 'Baghdad Was a Blast' with the lyrics, 'in the open graves where the troops all lay'. Not sure if it's anti-anything but it still rocks!

Nathalie
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Well, when the Pistols played it on their 2007 tour, they renamed it 'Baghdad Was a Blast' with the lyrics, 'in the open graves where the troops all lay'. Not sure if it's anti-anything but it still rocks!
    It sure does!